load data on shortened "Indiana Legal" .35 Remington

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Phragus, Nov 15, 2012.

1. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    You are correct Alpo rifles in certain handgun calibers can be used to hunt deer in Indiana i think this rule went in effect in 07 it is about time Indiana came into the 20 century
  2. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

There are a lot of valid reasons for limiting the useable firearms.

For one thing, taking a deer with shotgun slugs is a lot more difficult than doing so with a. 30-06, and we haven't always had a huge deer population.
    The northern half of the state is very flat and still decently populated. It's not at all hard to see careless, overzealous hunters shooting into neighborhoods beyond their targets.
    And most importantly, every time they make new cartridges useable, it's an excuse to get another gun! :D:D:D:D:D
  3. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

florida is flat as a pancake too... just have to know your backstop real well.. :)
  4. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

I bet they are. I have relatives in Iowa which has similar regs on what firearms are legal for use. I have no doubt that if it can be built within the legal guidelines there is a smith or hobbyist working on it.
    I never really did understand the shotgun-only BS until I visited them when I was old enough to hunt. Farms are less than a mile apart, used to be lots of shelterbelts between em, and the land is WAY too flat! :D
    Just another attempt of the gub'ment trying to legislate intelligence and common sense. :)
    I had to chuckle about my Iowa cousin's first centerfire rifle when he got a non-resident tag for here in ND. He showed up with a .300WeatherbyMag. Actually, he did buy it for elk in Montana/Wyoming but it's overkill for ND whiltetails! :) I'd hate to see him turn that thing loose in Eastern Iowa...who knows how many barns the bullet would fly past.

Actually, the way that ND's handgun cartridge requirements were worded for a few years, the .22Hornet was a legal handgun cartridge...but not a legal rifle cartridge. DOH!!!
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012