Loads for T/C

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by Frankb, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Frankb

Frankb Member

Does anyone have a good load for a Thompson Center? They tend to have tight barrels. I recently bought an "Impact" and need a good load for elk. I am presently trying Barnes T-EZ 290 gr. sabots and 120 grains of Blackhorn 209. This has not been too accurate so far. I may back off on the powder.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  2. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

T/C has many barrels....I don't know what caliber your are referring to...
  3. Frankb

Frankb Member

This is for a .50 T/C Impact ML. It has a fixed barrel.
  4. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

You can spend a lot of time searching for which loads and bullets your ML likes the best. I stick with sabot rounds, usually pick one out and try various powder loads with them to see what results I have and then try a different bullet. Not a big fan of the powerbelt ones though, with a sabot you can at least change it to a thicker or thinner one to "adjust".
  5. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    frank,i wish i could help but very few guns reguardless if its bp or smokeless will shoot the same as another.meaning that a load that shoots great in my gun might suck in yours.try various loads and try to just seat the sabot on top of the powder charge...........old semperfi