Local theater says no guns

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by sting75ray, Sep 23, 2012.

1. sting75ray

sting75ray Well-Known Member

Our local theater just posted a NO FIREARMS sign at their ticket booth. They say they are doing it for the saftey of their customers after the Colorado theater shooting. They made the mistake of having the newspaper post a pic of the sign and ask for comments. They got plenty of comments but I don't think they liked what they got. Several people said they would now wait for the DVD to come out before they went back to the theater. I know I will not darken their doorway ever again. It amazes me the number of people who say that a shooting will never happen in our small town. I asked them if the people in Colorado now thought the same way? In my opinion they are just asking for a shooting to take place by posting that there will be no LEGAL guns present. We all know the criminals are going to obey the signs:mad:. I made several comments on the site about it and some of the responses I got really amazed me. This place has 8 movie screens in it and the people think that ONE cop by the front door is going to be able to respond. Both of my daughters are upset about not going to the theater but they respect why I tell them we will not ever go back.
  2. Redhand

Redhand Active Member

You can bet that if Holly-weird makes a movie about any mass shootings and sensationalizes the heck out of it, that theater will show it. I think if they are going to ban firearms they should restrict themselves from showing any movies they have any gun play in them including Westerns and War movies.:confused::rolleyes::mad::mad::rolleyes::confused:
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

put up another sign underneath

we welcome only victims and prefer them to be unarmed for our psycho's ease of use

thank you for being sheep
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

That would never affect me, I refuse to go to a movie and support hollywierd. But, it doesnt surprise me one bit, many of them are running scared and liberal minded wimps. I hope their business suffers.
  5. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Ours did that a while back. About 6-12 months later it came down and ownership changed hands. I hope it was connected.
  6. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

I would boycott them too. I haven't had Pizza Hut in years, since they've fired several employees for protecting themselves. They could give away free pizza and I'd rather piss on it than eat it.
    There are many more companies following their suit though and I unfortunately can't avoid them all, but I certainly let them know about their policy of advocating defenselessness.
  7. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I agree with Jack404 especially. If I owned a movie theater I would plaster the place with signs that said guns are highly welcomed. Please, feel free to carry concealed or open carry and please enjoy the movie knowing you are well protected.
  8. sting75ray

sting75ray Well-Known Member

One of our local cops commented that if someone were to show their concealed permit that the theater should give a discount. I would like to have the money and be able to open a theater next to theirs, charge half price of what they do, and not let anyone in without a concealed permit or an NRA membership card:D:D:D Here is a link to their webpage if anybody wants to let them know what you think. Please do for I have been banned for posting there:D:D http://northridge8.com/
  9. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I am on it.
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

hey while they are banning guns tell em to also ban prayers straights decency and morals

that way they can ensure they get robbed abused and get the kind of clientele they want and be closed in time for new owners to take over and stop all this BS
  11. jaydub

jaydub Former Guest

I quit going to movies a long time ago. People talk during the show and have little or no respect for those of us that want to watch the movie.
  12. 45nut

45nut Active Member

You know, it's only legal if the use the exact verbiage as directed by the state and not just "No concealed guns". At least that's the way it is in Texas.

In Florida when they passed their CHL, many businesses, put up signs saying no concealed weapons. Well some lawyers started making calls telling them that if there clients were injured or killed because they (the store) denied their clients their constitutionally guaranteed right to protect their person that they (the store owners) would be liable and would be sued for damages.

The signs started coming down. Very effective and true. Just a thought to look in to.

As long as they don't have metal detectors up, who's to know! :D
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  13. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Site won't respond for me.

People that post these signs do not get my money, simple as that. In Ohio they have force of law, meaning you can be charged with misdemeanor criminal trespass if you know the place is posted but ignore it. I will however disarm for 5 to 10 minutes to take a flyer (Complete with Laws and statistical data) into the store manager or owner explaining why posting these signs are making his customers targets of violence. I've convinced several over the last year to take down their gun buster signs but some just don't want to hear it.
  14. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

There are places like that here and I refuse to patronize those places.
  15. Jerryboy

Jerryboy Well-Known Member

does anyone know what the laws are in Virginia regarding the exact language on the "no guns" sign?