Local theater says no guns

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by sting75ray, Sep 23, 2012.

1. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

never saw such a thing, if i did i would walk away and never look back.
  2. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that they decided to do that, I think of people in that part of the country as having more common sense than that.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  3. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

mitfarms@elkhart.com <mitfarms@elkhart.com>

For those who can't get into the site, there's the owner's email. I just sent him a message regarding the new policy. Will see if I get a response. For those who are concerned about posting the email here, it's available on their website in the Contact section.
  4. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

so, some guy goes into a theatre that was posted 'no firearms' and shot a bunch of people, so they're putting up a sign that is exactly the same and are expecting different results? Does that sound freakin' stupid to everyone or just us?

Attention: No armed citizens here, please fire away at will without any fear of resistance you mass murdering psycho

wake up time idiots
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Can't wake them up, they are Liberals/Zombies!

That is just the way I feel about it too. Though there are business, like my bank, that have legally posted signs, they have no metal dector! I try not to go inside, but if I do, I will be armed!
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  6. sting75ray

sting75ray Well-Known Member

Let us all know what they say if they do respond. I doubt that you will hear anything though.:mad:
  7. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

you are carrying concealed so they shouldn't see it anyway... if you get busted all they can do is tell you to leave... if you leave then you have no problems...
  8. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

In Texas if they've got the correct sign and you enter anyway and get caught.
    It's criminal trespass. If they don't have sign and tell to leave and you don't,
    same thing.
  9. al45lc

al45lc New Member

Yep, if it's POSTED and you go in with a gun, it's criminal trespass and in Colorado, You WILL lose your permit, and possibly go to jail.
    The theater has rights too, it's private property.
    I may not like it, but if I expect them to honor my rights, I should honor theirs.
    To do otherwise is hypocrisy.
  10. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

It's also your money, and they're a business, and businesses are supposed to make money...so if they do something that keeps them from making money it's their own stupidity when the place closes down IMHO. At least here in Missouri I can go into a posted place (other than the standard ones listed that are mandated no-carry areas such as school buildings and courthouses) they have to first determine that I am carrying, then ask me to leave, if I do so then no harm no foul. I do most of my banking at the branch that's inside our local walmart, there's one tellers station that I can stand at and other than my hand when I give her the deposit, the rest of me is still outside the store in walmart so in my opinion I didn't "enter" the bank itself...
  11. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

12. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

i let business's the refuse firearms know that they don't get my $$

I also remind them that by restricting law abiding firearm owners.. that doesn't mean the criminals won't bring theirs.. it just means the innocent won;t be able to protect themselves...
  13. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

Albert Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".
  14. carver

carver Moderator

You are 100% correct! But, how are they going to know?
  15. carver

carver Moderator

So you think that Muslims should have the right to have their religion, laws, and rules, just like you do, in your home town? I disagree with you on this one. If I have a God given right to defend myself, and my loved ones, then who has the right to tell me that God can't give me anything? If honoring their rights means that I have to give up mine, then it's a one way street! Their way, or no way! That don't work for me! I have the right to freedom of speech, if you don't like what I have to say, then leave! I have the right to defend myself, if you don't think I do, then you can leave!
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012