Local theater says no guns

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by sting75ray, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

My question to any of you is this...why would you do business with anyone that wont recognize your right to defend yourself? I wouldnt step foot thru the door and they wouldnt get one thin dime of my money, ever. I could care less about any movie ever made or any movie they will ever make in the future anyhow. Why are you supporting all the left wing, godless, anti american freaks in hollywierd anyhow? Maybe you should be asking yourself that question.
  2. 45nut

45nut Active Member

I'm with you D. I was looking into going to one of those places with laser tag, bowling, pool, video games and I asked the person on the phone if they had a 30-06 posted (legal no carry sign) she didn't know but the manager said they did and I told him, do you realize that there are people, like me, that will not come to your business because you restrict our right to protect ourselves? Furthermore, if someone comes in and shoots the place up and people with a CHL are hurt that you are then responsible for their injuries/death because you refused them their CONSTITUTIONAL right of self defense? Think about that sheep.
  3. langenc

langenc Member

Michael Moore will love that theater.

As far as discount--for sure. I ran into a place this summer that gave discount to AARP members. I should have told em what I thought about that.

Most ski hills let Nat Ski Patrol in free. We should go for NRA w/ CPL the same.

I said I was a member od Christian Senoirs and she put me into AAA for discount. I dont even know if Christian Seniors is still around. They were a alternative at AARP.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  4. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

Haven't gotten any return email from them, didn't really expect to, the libs know that there isn't really a logical argument for the signs, just that it's "their right" to do so since it's their business.

Here in Missouri there's a Missouricarry.com boycott list that shows all the places that are posted, I've sent them a few myself, and had a couple re moved after the signs were removed. In my area, I'll stop in and talk to the manager and ask them if they realize that they're on a boycott list, and invariably they don't know it and are a tad bit upset over it. I explain that while they have the right to post their place of business, firearm owners also have the right to share that knowledge. Usually after a few minutes of talking, they realize that the "gun-free" zone that they thought they had created is indeed only being applied to those who actually follow the laws. So far I've managed to get three businesses to remove the signs, but it's only been the ones under control of the local managers, anyone that is just following "company policy" of course isn't going to want to buck the big cheese up at corporate.
  5. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Well-Known Member

6. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

yep! ^^ I have a bunch of those exact ones printed off on regular paper and cut them out business card size, I carry about a half dozen in my wallet at all times in the event I get asked to leave for open carry.

NO GUNS = NO MONEY
  7. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

:lmao:
  8. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Dont you think its actually safer to carry concealed in a theater in case something happens like what happened in Colorado again so you can protect yourself and possibly save other lives as well? Also if someone wants to do something violent they are going to do it anyways regardless. The killer in Colorado wasnt watching a movie at the theater he just came in the place and started mowing people down. This can happen anywhere.
  9. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

i agree... the non criminals should be allowed to carry, to protect themselves from the criminals...
  10. Country101

Country101 Active Member

I was on the Gander Mountain site earlier and saw they had a policy for open or concealed carry. Makes me feel a little better about spending a couple hundred bucks there the other day on some hunting equipment.

[​IMG]
  11. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

yep.. they don't mind legally concealed weapons....
  12. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

"Now including Liberals SouthGate 6 Movie info as well!"-----on their newsletter page

What the hell does this mean?