Lock your Doors

Discussion in 'The Pump House Saloon' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

mesusie
    (9/3/02 3:19:32 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Lock your Doors
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be sure you lock your doors and windows at home.
    An Oklahoma man was found dead in his home over the
    weekend. Detectives at the scene found the man face
    down in his bathtub. The tub had been filled with milk
    and cornflakes, and a banana was sticking out of his
    butt.... Police suspect a cereal killer.

1952Sniper
    (9/3/02 3:50:18 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Lock your Doors
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No, that's just how Oklahomans get their jollies....

You know why Texas doesn't float off into the ocean? Because Oklahoma sucks!!!!

Just kidding of course. All in good humor.
    Aus dem Panzer heraus und lassen einen Erwachsenen fahren, treten taube Testikel.

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/3/02 5:30:36 pm)
    You know that Oklahoma really does'nt have any effect on texas, because Kansas sucks enough to hold them both in place. Kansas is a real oddity, it also really blows!

Oh yeah, cereal killer! I wonder what would happen if all you had were Grape Nuts in the house?

Edited by: shooter22 at: 9/3/02 6:32:48 pm

boomatic
    (9/5/02 12:20:38 pm)
    Now I know that as an Oklahoman I am at a disadvantage here...havin' so many good, decent Texican types on this wonderful list. And yes, I have heard the "Oklahoma Sucks" joke...well...a time or two, shall we say.

A little known fact, though, which most Texas folk never talk about is that in the 1930's an international group of well-respected scientist, sociologists and engineers studied the Oklahoma/Texas relationship and reached the conclusion that the reason Texas stays so firmly entrenched is that it has its head so far up Oklahoma's a$$ that it can't get out.

Boomer Sooner...Boomer Sooner...;-)

(Good Fun 1952sniper)

PS...Doc, BlackGun, LTS, all you other nice Teaxas folks...HE STARTED IT!!!;-)

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."
    Thomas Jefferson

Edited by: boomatic at: 9/5/02 1:34:39 pm

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/5/02 2:10:17 pm)
    Ja, it's all good fun. I just couldn't resist that initial comment. It was so easy!!!!

I could make a bunch of jokes about Oklahoma, but it was recently pointed out to me by a guest of mine that my part of Texas is a little backwards too. Their two comments were:

1. At the local supermarket, the pantyhose and fishing bait are on the same aisle. Right next to each other.

2. There are only two decent restaurants in a 30-mile radius of my town. One of them actually spent the money to have a sign professionally printed that says, "No shoes, no shirt, no service. A hunting vest is not a shirt."

Oh well. At least we don't live in Arkansas.....
    Sie lesen deine Gedanken, und bohren in dein Gehirn. Feind hört mit....

boomatic
    (9/6/02 8:18:50 am)
    "At the local supermarket, the pantyhose and fishing bait are on the same aisle. Right next to each other."

Wonderful!!

You know...having lived in large urban areas and remote areas both...I find I prefer the latter hands down.

I used to live in Douglas, Wyoming. My favorite memory of Douglas was that they had a drive-through licquor store that also sold ammo!!! "Give me a six of Coors and a box of those Remington 30-.06 please."

Local color...gotta love it!!!

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."
    Thomas Jefferson

Crpdeth
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/8/02 4:32:43 pm)
    "1. At the local supermarket, the pantyhose and fishing bait are on the same aisle. Right next to each other."

Theres a good reason for this...
    Dont you fellas know that pantyhose makes the best darn prefilter in the world for those outboard motors?
    Texans are so smart...were just waiting for the rest of you lot to catch up with us.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/8/02 4:54:37 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Lock your Doors
    Hey boomatic, My wifes Grandmother lived in Wheatland and I know a guy who work for the Fed Gov in Douglas.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/8/02 5:00:46 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Almost forgot

We have the last of its kind here. It is a drive up bar. Supposed to be the only one left in the US. Was on Letterman years ago.
    Name of the place is The Icehouse

You drive up in your truck and they come out and take your order. When you are done you throw the bottles at the loading dock in front of the parking area. The glass is easier to scoop up instead of big bottles. When the last of this family dies it will no longer be able to be grandfathered in and the state will close it down. It is always a wild and rowdy place and has the cheapest and coldest beer in Yankton, SD.

You can also buy your beer and drink it else where, but that is not as much fun as chugging one in the car and throwing the bottle

boomatic
    (9/9/02 9:17:42 am)
    Hey WP,
    Someone else in Douglas?????...the computer sure reinforces the old small world cliche, doesn't it? It was a great place to live. The antelope hunting alone made it worth it. I was working for an Ingersol-Rand sub called Niject. Twenty years ago thereabouts.

Drive up bar sounds like just my speed. Maybe if we go to the next Sturgis I could take extra time and find that!!! What is it like 6 hours or something? Sounds like time well spent to me!!!

Thomas Jefferson

mesusie
    (9/9/02 12:38:13 pm)
    Another reason for the panty hose: tie up a wad of chicken livers inside a piece of panty hose to keep your bait on your hook.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/9/02 1:39:24 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    I am 6 hours from Sturgis Boomatic.

boomatic
    (9/9/02 2:27:51 pm)
    See...what is six hours when you could experience a drive through bar???? Sounds worth it to me. Although, by the end of a week in Sturgis I am usually not worth much. Maybe I should go to Yankton first...then go to Sturgis, eh? I probably know several folks who would be in for a drive through bar experience!!

Thomas Jefferson