Log it or not??

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/10/01 4:01:38 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Log it or not??
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I bought a few rifles from AIM and to make a long story short, I will be returning 2 of them and receiving 2 of the same. (Aim did not get the order right eg. excellent came marked as good on the box) Do I log in than log out the items or not log them in at all?

BTW for those interested the 49/56 came in today from SOG.

It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here. Patrick Henry 1765

AntiqueDr
    (10/10/01 4:27:15 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Log it or not??
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Log them in, then out. Rest assured that AIM logged them out to you, and will log them back in when they receive them.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

gun runner john
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/10/01 4:45:12 pm)
    I agree, if you use the C&R to obtain any firearm, log it no matter how short a time it's in your possession.

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/10/01 5:29:50 pm)
    Thanks.. I guess the old saying " It's better to be safe than sorry" applies here. Thanks all !!

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (10/11/01 12:41:52 am)
    Did I read that right? You paid for Good and got Excellent? And are RETURNING them?
    I'm so PROUD to be an AMERICAN...

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/11/01 11:51:21 am)
    Polish, I think you did. I meant to say that the box was marked good when I paid for excellent. Also they sent a 91/30 mosin nagant that was in VERY poor shape and advertised as good. The 91/30 had the front site post missing and the wood was horrible, beside being cracked, if you were not careful you would get a handful of splinters. The guy(chris) at aim had no idea how they made 2 mistakes on one order and the 91/30 should not have come as it did. He said they seperate the firearms into catagories when they arrive. The third item I ordered was a m1938 turkish mauser which came as described.

It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here. Patrick Henry 1765

Spanish Cruffler
    (10/12/01 7:25:44 am)
    Sounds like their order puller was having a bad day. I got several Destroyer carbines from AIM when they had a small shipment of them in - I was more than pleased with what I got. I have yet to order anything else from them, but I watch their adds. It is good they are willing to work with you on the returns, and hopefully they will pick out some really good ones for the exchange - let us know what the replacements look like. I am currently waiting for a shipment of M91/30s, Russian M44s and Turkish mausers from SOG. I am a bit apprehensive, but for rifles that you are paying between $35 to $44 a piece for, I guess you can't expect too much. These are all rated good to very good, which I would expect to be complete and functional firearms. If it is missing any parts, then it definately would not be a "good" category. That is the problem I have with Century International - I ordered 20 VZ24 bayonets from them in what was supposedly "good to Very good" condition, and three quarters of them were trash missing wood handles, bent, scabbards missing pieces, etc. I will never deal with Century International direct again. I even faxed them a letter complaining about the poor quality of the goods, and they never responded. Bunch of jerks. They sell the quality stuff to other distributors, and their direct sales are the trash left over.

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/12/01 2:07:25 pm)
    Spanish it's funny you mentioned that. Both the rifles I am returning to AIM have century stickers on them.

As for SOG I just received one of their M44's yesterday. It was full of grease/cosmo but when I got done cleaning it, it turned out to be a VERY nice rifle, The stock has some scuff marks on the varnish, but everything else is nearly like new. The bore is excellent and all numbers match its dated 1946.

polishshooter
    (10/14/01 11:33:08 am)
    I bought 3 91/30s from AIM and picked them up, and they let me look at about 8 to pick the three I wanted...

Outside of the fact the guy did not know what a Tula was, said all they had was "Stars and Izzies," (I had to educate them what the "star" meant )the dragoons were so cosmoed it would have been tough to see if stocks were cracked, small pieces missing, etc.

They thoughtfully gave me a shop rag, but I managed to get grease all over their counter anyway Whch was kinda neat because I was spending only $100 or so and taking all their time, when guys next to me were plunking down serious bucks for SARs and stuff after just glancing in the box...

All I could really check for was handguard/stock cracks, and even then I missed some deep gouges, these rifles HAVE been dropped in the rubble a few times! The SOG ones are better only in that they are cleaned up, you can see them exactly for what they are, but then again, since you have to order in advance, you can't "Polish Hand-pick" like I do at AIM...

Did manage to find a decent hex Tula '31 that I wanted in that batch, need to find a matching Izh...

Now you got me thinking again...may have to give AIM a call to see if I can get their "summer special" price on 3 dragoons again...it's been a couple of weeks since I got a new old priceless cheap rifle...getting the itch again...

polishshooter
    (10/14/01 11:44:17 am)
    And FL, was the 44 from SOG stamped from "Interordinance?"

I got two of them, both 46s, and they were in pretty decent shape, and complete.

The wood on them were the best I've EVER got on any "VGs", my only complaint is where IO puts their import stamp and "new" serial number...right over the chamber! Looks like hell, and one of mune, which I just sold, looked like the stamp slipped, and the otherwise pristine chamber blueing was scratched pretty deeply.

The first Russians I got from them were pretty decent, too, 1944s, with post-war stocks...they too were cosmo queens, but were complete also, and cleaned up pretty well... One I got actually had a matching bolt, matched everything but the floorplate. The one that was matching had great blueing, but a ratty stock, the other had like 20-30% blueing left, but was in a BEAUTIFUL blonde stock, so I have to confess...I traded stocks and kept the new "matching blonde..." and sold the other...

Figured it really didn't matter, they were wartime in post-war stocks, so they weren't original ANYWAY...

They were from Cole Importing...