Lokking for 22 magnum rifle

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by CAPTDASH, Nov 9, 2008.

1. CAPTDASH

CAPTDASH New Member

I am looking for a 22 mag rifle. I would really prefer a semi auto, synthetic stock, and stainless barrel, tapped for a scope. I also need one on a budget, so not interested in these super custom 1000 buck 22 mags. I do not have time to look all over everywhere. I am hoping some of you folks can point me in the right direction.

My requirements in order

semi auto
    synthetic stock
    stainless barrel
    tapped for scope

If anyone has any suggestions for me, please advise me. Thanks very much for any assistance. Danny
  2. CAPTDASH

CAPTDASH New Member

New or used is fine too.
  3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

H&K used to make a 22 magnum automatic.
    H&R used to make a 22 magnum automatic.
    Ruger still does make a 22 magnum automatic.

To my knowledge, those are your only choices. I don't think the Ruger comes in stainless (I know the other two did not), but you might can get it with a synthetic stock.
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Also, you might want to edit your second post. Suggesting that someone shoot the President elect is not the greatest idea in the world.
  5. CAPTDASH

CAPTDASH New Member

Dude you must be out of your mind. I did not suggest anything. He could get lead poisoning from drinking the water in DC. It is you who apparently have the idea of shooting him. Think twice before you troll on me. BTW, any way you can get rid of a LIBERAL, is a good way.
  6. CAPTDASH

CAPTDASH New Member

I have narrowed my choice down to a Remington 597 & a Ruger 77/22. Neither is exactly what I want, but either will serve the purpose which is hunting hogs & smal game on GA Management areas. The semi-auto is better suited for this, I think. I just wish Reminton offered the 597 in a SS 22 mag. Does anybody manufacture high capacity mags for the 597 in 22 mag? Thanks for any advice.
  7. Heliflyer

Heliflyer New Member

I don't think Alpo is trying to troll you... He was commenting on the second sentence in your sig line...

Looking at it myself, I think it's inappropriate for this forum. And further more I think the last sentence, of the post quoted above is inappropriate too...

I think it is a put down for the whole forum...

Bill
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2008