The Firearms Forum banner

Lone Eagle single shot

7K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  wyoredot 
#1 ·
Does anyone have experience with the Lone Eagle pistol from Magnum Research? A local shop has one in .308 and I'm interested if I can get the price down a little. Wondering how they were accuracy wise and mechanically. Any trigger problems or problems with the breech system or cocking mechanism? How many rings would you use to hold a scope on it?

Aprreciate any information. Thanks.

#3 ·
Does anyone have experience with the Lone Eagle pistol from Magnum Research? A local shop has one in .308 and I'm interested if I can get the price down a little. Wondering how they were accuracy wise and mechanically. Any trigger problems or problems with the breech system or cocking mechanism? How many rings would you use to hold a scope on it?

Aprreciate any information. Thanks.
I have only shot the 223 version. It was an early model and it had constant problems. They have redesigned some of the components. Main problem was with the breech lock/detent ball. The thing would eat firing pins after 150-200 rounds. Getting parts was a nightmare and the trigger leaves much to be desired also. Still with all the issues, a good gun, but not something I would want to shoot a whole lot.

Welcome to the forum Wells ! Nice gun ya got there! How many rounds do you have through it and have you had any issues?

#4 ·
Thanks for the information folks. From what I've been hearing the Lone Eagle is a good shooter, but hard to impossible to get parts for. I may have to pass on this one.

#6 ·
I have 3 lone eagles and a number of the earlier SSP 86 And SSP 91s. I like the lone eagle models best. Mine are in 44 Mag, 7mm08 and 223. They are all very accurate. Firing pins are a problem and you should not dry fire them unless the breech is out of battery then the firing pin cannot be struck. But better to not dry fire at all. Some people claim ejection problems but I've never had any. The trigger has a fair amount of creep and is kind of heavy. I found that if you take it apart and put a dab of moly grease on the spot were the trigger holds the striker assembly, the trigger pull gets much smoother and a dab on the rounded part of the cocking lever where it rides on the block of the striker rod assembly helps a great deal with cocking effort.

#7 ·
I too have one in 7mm-.08 and like the pistol. I have been looking for a .223 barrel but have no luck finding one. Got a pm on some auction parts and such but since I have no problems, all I want is a barrel. This place had a large selection of triggers, transfer blocks and etc.etc...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.