long barrel and live fire capable fake suppressor for glock 21

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by focusmaniaczx3, Oct 27, 2011.

1. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

hey guys ive been bitten by the gun bug again pretty hard this fall. i seem to get it bad about this time every year. so far i have completely tact'd out my SKS, bought a saiga 12ga, have started building my first AR-10, and have made several mods to my carry gun which is a gen 3 glock 21. mods include pachmyre grip, beaver tail, crimson trace, +2 mag extensions for 3 mags, lone wolf .578 x 28 threaded barrel and compensator (comp is removed when i carry the gun, for range and in home use only), 3.5lb trigger, and probably a few other things im sure ive forgotten. and im not done. the next few things i want to do with the glock will NOT be used when i carry. the next thing on my wish list is a mako scope mount and some pistol scope. im thinking of hunting with it this year. and to further improve the already good accuracy that the gun has demonstrated at well over 100 yards (hitting a 1.5ft target shot for shot from 150+ yards open sights) i want to know if there is a longer barrel out there or if maybe there is some wild thread on barrel extension that can be threaded onto the lone wolf barrel. i know there are things like that available for certain military applications but im not so sure about a civy with a glock. anyhow if the long barrel idea doesnt fly then i want to lay hands on a face suppressor that i can actually shoot with and not worry about it blowing up in my face. just for kicks and giggles. ive found a few that are in the $30 range but i dont know which ones to buy or not. normally i would just hand over the 30 bucks and if the suppressor doesnt work out then it was just 30 bucks wasted. except that it is going onto my baby... and it could blow up in my face... probably maim me pretty good... and it would tear up my gun more than likely... i wouldnt be happy. so any how there it is. let me know guys! please dont let me down! opinions are great things to share!
  2. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

anybody got anything for me here?
  3. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

yes? no? maybe?
  4. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

I read this post and thought you were joking. Sorry.

Your pistol, your money. Do as you will and good luck.
  5. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

awww come on now im very open to positive and negative feedback. if you think that im a dumbass then by all means tell me so. but at least tell me WHY you think im a dumbass! the only reason i said anything about the "thread on" barrel is because i saw a youtube video quite some time ago of what appeared to be a guy threading a barrel extension onto the end of his threaded glock barrel to make it like a 15in barrel or something to that effect. he used this in combination with some scope and mount on the gun and was making very good groups at a decent amount over 100 yards. now i know videos can be faked and i know there is a good chance it was BS but it never hurts to ask. i figured that if it was out there someone on here might know about it and may be able to give me more info since my search-fu is so weak with the google these days. because as of yet i have not been able to track down that video again nor have i been able to find any more information on it myself.

and back to the fake suppressor. still wondering if there are any shootable fakes out there that people like. i just want it for kicks and giggles. i have a display cabinet for some of my guns and i like the idea of having it in there wearing the suppressor from time to time. and maybe even shooting with it just for kicks and giggles sometimes. it would be money well spent just to see the look on the range officer's face if i pulled that out.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  6. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

No, not like that at all. This post had over 80 views with no answers and I don't like to see unanswered posts.
    A 15 in barrel extension would cause some problems on your glock since the barrel tilts. Finding a correct recoil spring would be trial and error. The longer barrel would be fitted in the same slide so no extra sight radius to help with accuracy. Scoping would help but as you know, service weapons are not known for accuracy.

I can't help you with the fake suppressor. If that's what you want, go for it. Your gun, your money as I said before. It would maybe add to the cool factor as you would be the only one at the range with a setup like that.

Let us know how it turns out.
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Mate anything is possible

i've looked at a few for 1911's

heres one for a glock ( dunno about this company though) , is this what your after ??

http://www.caatactical.com/viewKit.asp?ID=346&catID=102

i just double checked the mech tech site and they have a glock one too now , this company is good! i know , played a lot with their stuff in queensland while there , a gun shop there had 3 of these , good kit i thought ..

http://www.mechtechsys.com/index.php
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  8. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

i want to say that mechtech kit is very close to what i remember seeing. i would almost swear to say that a barrel extension was threaded onto the existing threaded barrel to achieve the longer length but the fact that the barrel tilts does raise a good point and i may very well be mistaken and might be recalling the mechtech kit. im pouring over that site as soon as im done typing this. thank you a ton jack, that info is extremely helpful.
  9. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

they upgraded the design a couple years back i'll dig up the pic';s of the first model they put out ( for 1911) and post , its the one that got me into it all

i really like the idea of a common round for rifle and pistol applications
  10. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

Silencers and suppressors have always looked great in the movies. And I don't know the laws concerning them in real life. Especially, if your in an incident. And to put one on a great "flash-bang" pistol is really questionable to me.