Long distance Mosin shooting

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Grizz, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Grizz

Grizz Member

Hey Guy's I have a Mosin Nagant 91/30 that I got a couple months ago. I recently took it out to 500 yards using iron sights, shooting at a man size target. Had a lot of fun! I was up on a mountain top shooting across a valley. In the end I hit 4/10 on the target.

500 yard Mosin Shootout

Let me know what you think!
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Pretty cool. I love that sonic crack of the bullet then the report of the rifle after. Good shootn and welcome to TFF!
  3. Ken W

Ken W New Member

Nice. I need to find a place with that much range soon. Recently met a guy that said he's got a whole mountain side to use. Think I'm going to have to take him up on his offer to go shooting with him.
  4. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Active Member

Simple,Crude,Accurate,Inexpensive,Awesome Gun!I hit targets at long distances also, its amazing how flat it shoots.The best value I know of at a low price as far as guns go.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  5. Grizz

Grizz Member

Thanks for the welcome guys! I love this rifle, you just can't beat it for the price. I made this video a couple weeks ago, since then I smoothed out the trigger and bedded the barrel. I'm getting tighter groupings at 100 yards now so I'll be giving the 500 yard target another shot soon. Hey do any of you know who's got the best deal on steel targets? It would be nice to hear a report, at 500 yards iron sights you just don't know if you hit it till you actually see your target up close.
  6. Finster

Finster New Member

Now thats some nice shootin right there.
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Its cheaper to go to the scrap yard and get a couple steel disks. They almost always have old manhole covers or industrial gate valves or something for cheap. I bout 2 industrial gate valves for 40 bucks last time i went for steel to shoot at. One is 1 1/4 thick and the othe ris 7/8 thick. The Mosin 7.62X54R barely dings it.
  8. Grizz

Grizz Member

Nice suggestion, sure beats paying full price for an already made target. I like the man hole cover idea.