Long Island Man Arrested For Defending Home With AK-47

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by NRA_guy, Sep 8, 2010.

1. graehaven

graehaven Active Member

Yes, I'm familiar with that section of the penal code. I've got it printed out and have read it many times. It's something that every NY gun owner should have on hand, and most don't, would be my guess.

Also, another issue here in NY is, that criminal you just shot in your home, defending yourself - if he's not dead, he can sue you. And if he IS dead, his family can sue you.

I hope I NEVER have to defend myself either in my home or outside of it.
  2. lawdawg

lawdawg Member

My first reaction to people who live in these draconian states is "Why don't you move?" But in reality I know this is your home. Upstate NY is a beautiful place as is a lot of these draconian states. We, as a nation, NEED people like you there. Hopefully you can change the attitudes of some of these politicians (or change politicians), but that will never happen if you move away. Stay there and multiply and produce more voters who actually care about the freedom of others.

I find it rather ironic that these (New England)states is where the nation began, where our forefathers first dreamed of a free nation and had the balls to make it happen, where they penned the framework of that nation in our Constitution, and now it is in some ways the polar oppisite of what they envisioned. It is up to people like y'all to bring it back. Hope you can do it!
  3. NRA_guy

NRA_guy New Member

Just for comparison:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  4. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Here's the relevant section of Indiana code, again for comparison.

(Emphasis added)

If you're interested in escaping NY, Grae, I'll start looking for a job for you. Just send me a PM. ;)
  5. graehaven

graehaven Active Member

LOL, thanks man, I appreciate it. It may come to that some day. The wife would have a hard time with it, because both our moms are still alive and here and they both need us. So, we can't just yet. But I do foresee a day when we will literally be "forced" to move, because of the progressive policies and ridiculous taxes. It's INSANE here. And getting worse.
  6. graehaven

graehaven Active Member

Yep, that's my attitude too for those who live in coastal areas, have their houses wiped out by hurricanes over and over, yet continue to live there. But, it's their home - and they love it there, so, they stay. And they should if they really want to, that's what freedom is about.

It is beautiful here, and we do get the full FOUR season effect, although winter is a bit long. :D The taxes here will ultimately chase everyone away. So, I see that day coming some time. Perhaps total gun seizure will hit here too sooner than other places. The state Gov't truly is out of control, and very corrupt.

Taxes taxes taxes. That's our "disaster" here. Other places deal with flooding, or wild fires, or hurricanes, or tornadoes, or earthquakes. We get lots of snow and ice, and TONS of taxes. We've been in state of emergency for decades. It's stupid ridiculous.
  7. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

It would have been a different story here. I am glad that I live in TX.
  8. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Former Guest

God, I love my Army town. You just slap an Iraqi flag anywhere on the perp and you can drop them and then use the body as a Pinata and no one will care.