1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Long Range Target Rifle

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ballistic
    (12/17/02 7:43:05 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Long Range Target Rifle
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am looking to purchase a Long Range Target Rifle...
    by long range i mean capable to 1000yds, with EXCELLENT accuracy, TOP OF THE LINE! pretty much the best rifle you know of! i am looking to purchase it next summer, and want to compete with it, the only thing i dont want is 50 cal, its too expensive for the rounds... and i plan to scope it (obviously), and put a bi-pod on it, im looking to spend 5K on the rifle alone, but if i can get it for 5K for everything then all the better, also i was wanting bolt action, semi is fine but i like to work the action myself, like a true sniper!

thanks,
    Don

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/17/02 9:35:35 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Long Range Target Rifle
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here you go: www.snipercentral.com/rifles.htm

and some more info:

world.guns.ru/sniper/sn00-e.htm

www.chuckhawks.com/ultra-long-range.htm

Ballistic
    (12/17/02 9:59:08 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del SSG3000
    i am looking at the SSG3000 rifle at the moment, any comments? any other rifles you can think of?

Celt
    (12/29/02 1:15:08 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: SSG3000
    See these sights for info on custom makers. You will be best served by getting one built to your specs.
    A word before going to the sites below:
    Don't come off as a Sniper wannabe. The guys here are mostly profesional LE and military snipers and serious competitors

www.snipershide.com/cgi-b...b.cgi www.snipersparadise.com/s...t.htm Celt
    H.D. Rifles

Ballistic
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/31/02 5:53:26 pm)
    i wouldnt call myself a "sniper" but i guess i could be, i prefer the term Marksman, it seems to raise eyebrows less...

kaylan1
    (2/12/03 9:17:20 pm)
    The SSG3000 is very tempting with the 6 lug bolt and Mc Millian stock, but I compared it to the LRS2 and the barrel is a little shorter (.6) and the over all weight is heavier than the LRS2. I like then both but I think the difference that will be most noticeable will be the price. From what I hear the 2 rifles are the best on the market price wise and in accuracy. I've had some dingers tell me they beat out AI hands down. I know with the right person working it, the LRS2 can be dialed into a nice .18 MOA.

hope I've given you something to think about
    kaylan1