Looing for ideas on stands

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IShootBack, Mar 8, 2004.

1. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

I hunt at a club that leases about 1300 acers of good whitetail land from a timber company. They stepped up their harvest schedule because of deadfall from last fall's hurricane.
    We now have about 800 acers of fresh cut land that'll be springin' with deer this coming fall.

Has anyone made freestanding elevated stands that would be fairly inexpensive to build and easy to relocate?

I'd appreciate any comments.

Thanks
    ISB
  2. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

sounds like a tri-pod with removeable legs is your ticket. you can build it to the hieght you want and can be built cheap.
  3. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

ISB, I'd almost just have to take pics of our freestanding box, but I think you'd like it...We just used angle iron and tin (all scrap except for some metal screws and camo paint) and came up with a really nice stand, my hunting buddy Troy used to be a weilder, and came up with the design...Its not elevated real high at all, but it didnt need to be for our purposes. I'll try to get some pics pretty soon.

~Crp
  4. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

ISB, there's a local company across the river in LA that builds tripod stands. Here's a pic. If you have access to the right materials, you could probably build a similar one yourself.

Attached Files:

5. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

My guess:

LA = Lower Alabama
  6. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Good guess, but no. :) In this case, the River is the Mississippi River, and LA is Louisiana.
  7. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

Tripod sounds like a good idea. I'll have to do some research and figure up costs.
    Thanks
  8. jay3534

jay3534 Member

Tripod is the best idea. Be sure to secure it to the ground from the center to prevent it from blowing over. Get it in place as soon as you can.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2004