looking for 1st cav

Discussion in 'VMBB Find Your Nam Friends' started by scoutsniper08, Apr 15, 2008.

1. scoutsniper08

scoutsniper08 New Member

I am looking for anyone that served in the first team in vietnam 1966-1969 time frame. my uncle was there and looking for anyone that might have served with him. he was WIA.

Name: SP4 Raymond C. Smith Jr from Vermont, i think he was with 2-9(?). MOS: 11B any help would be great.
  2. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*

Marty Robbins old hometown, Glendale Arizona--a su
    Good Morning from Arizona---if I had a name to use for you, I would....This is Wilborn, the Old Seabee Chief.....been on here for years---one time this cranky old Deputy Sheriff from Tennessee remarked that I must be more than 100 years old to have known all that I claim to know and been all the places I claim to have been....Alas, I told the Barney Fife acting jerk-off that he had to wipe the hoot owl **** off his alarm clock to see what time of day it was.....Good Luck Trooper on your search....The reason I am responding back is that I bumped heads with the 101st AIR CAV during the time frame you had mentioned---it was the early spring of 1968 up north in the armpit of the country called CALU---it was called OPERATION PEGASUS.
    My Seabee Battalion had prepped the landing strip for the HUEYS rotating troops in to relieve the weary Marine defenders of KHE SANH...I have a photo showing 8 HUEYS 'spooling up' there on the strip I mentioned. I know that does not lend a single thing for your search, but keep posting your inquiry on all such sites as this--someone will respond....May I suggest you drop down to Google and look over OPERATION PEGASUS....the 101st may have been incidental with some of the fire base relieving also...

PS......While on Google, take a look at CONE OF FIRE AT CON THEIN....Again Trooper, thank you for your service---you made a difference. Chief
  3. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

http://www.1cda.org/

http://www.first-team.us/journals/9th_rgmt/9thndx05.html