1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Looking for a 9mm revolver

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Deacon_Man, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

Question, do any of you guys know if there is a company that sells a 9mm revolver ? I have an older lady friend that wants to buy her a gun for self protection. Her hands want alow her to pull back a slide on a semi auto. I would like to see her with atleast a 9mm.

Deacon-Man
  2. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

3. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Why not just get a .38spl. revolver? They have been handling the self defense roll for decades and the selection is enormous.
  4. Lanrezac

Lanrezac Active Member

Taurus seems to make a small-frame 9mm revolver, the Model 905. It looks like S&W and Ruger don't offer them any more - people seem to be asking high prices for them ($700 and up).

I've never fired 9mm in a J-frame size revolver, so I don't know what that's like. I'd suggest a 3-inch barrel and large grips, if available.
  5. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Well-Known Member

Taurus makes one called the model-905.It has moon clips,and all the rounds come out and reload all at once.I wanted one because I have a 9mm semi-auto and it used the same ammo.Now the bad news,it stings your fingers hard core and is very snappy.I sold it because I like to shoot my guns.Look into the new Taurus 380 revolver or a 38 special.Just my opinion!There are other 9mm and 380 revolvers from the 1970's and early 80's but they are very expensive.In the 700-900 dollar range.They are not made any more just Taurus.Good Luck!
  6. savage170

savage170 Member

I once had a Smith 547 which is on the K frame I don't know what I was thinking when I traded that one
    [​IMG]
  7. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

i agree.. get a 38spl revolver.. my wife can't operate a semi auto slide either.. but can shoot a t-85 revolver. she practices with regular stuff.. and has shot plusP to know what it will feel like when she has to use it for self defense. for ease of use i keep a smith 38spl by my side of the bed.. she keeps her tarus by her side. kind of a no hassel deal with a revolver.. no jambs.. etc. between the 2 of us we got 10 rounds of self defense. I got a mossberg scattergun just above the bed.. and others within close reach.. ;)
  8. Airdale

Airdale Member

Lady Smith 38 spcl.

Problem solved.
  9. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

and usually with the 9mm revolvers you have to use moon clips. I had a 3" Smith many years ago that was a police contract gun that used moon clips.
  10. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Didnt Ruger come out with a revolver that shoots 9mm and with an interchangeable cylinder...cant recall the Model?
  11. Clipper

Clipper Active Member

Ruger Blackhawk...just a bit too big for her hands though. Get her a .38, much larger selection and probably more in her price range.
  12. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

As many of the others have suggested, go with a small frame 38.
  13. gunslinger69

gunslinger69 New Member

Ruger did make a small run of SP 101s in 9mm. Good luck finding one though, I've tried.
  14. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

I gotta join the .38 bandwagon. How about this, a nice .357 magnum that fits her hands well. Then she can shoot .38, and you can "borrow" it now and then and have some magnum fun?
  15. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

I own and shoot both a S&W 547 and 940.
    I also agree with the 38 spl for someone
    who needs the small size gun.