Looking for a carry permit good in 26 states?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SaxonPig, Jan 9, 2005.

1. SaxonPig

SaxonPig New Member

I copied this from a post on anoither forum. I offer it as copied and I have no further info.

As cut and pasted:

Many states will honor non-resident permits from other states. Utah will issue N-R permits and the Utah permit is good in 26 states making it maybe the best one to have. But Utah law requires that a training session be completed and it must be taught by a Utah-authorized instructor. The session need not occur in Utah, but the teacher must be Utah certifried. Well, some outfit is now offering the class via the Internet and apparently the state of Utah has signed onto this idea. It looks like you can obtain a Utah N-R carry permit from the comfort of your own home and be legal in 26 states.

Here's the link. www.getaccw.com
  2. rjjrwi

rjjrwi New Member

sounds interestiing , but until WI gives us back our rights, I guess i will just have to keep doing things MY way :D
  3. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:eek: THANKS for the link!! :D i dont have time to check into it right this minute, but i have it bookmarked! :) THANKS!! :D
  4. HerbyJr

HerbyJr New Member

Check your own state's reciprocity at www.packing.org before you sign up. My Oklahoma CCW, for instance, is honored in nearly 30 states. I can see how Utah's deal could be good for resident's of other states though.

H.
  5. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Taking the course online is an interesting concept, SaxonPig. Thanks for alerting us to that.

Florida is another state that offers a non-resident license that is good in 26 states. They will accept any course with a certified instructor, and the instructor does not have to be certified in Florida.
  6. Salvage33

Salvage33 New Member

Shreveport, LA why leave the USA to visit a 3rd wo
    For the record, Louisiana is working with all the other states who issue CCW licenses to have reciprocity. That means, in a nut shell, if your state will honor mine (LA), my state will honor yours. I believe at the current time, Louisiana recognizes 17 states.

Check out www.packing.org for your state and scroll down the page to see which states honor yours. Please note that this site is not always up to the minute, so checking with your state's license issuing agency might be a better way to stay fully informed.

John
  7. berto64

berto64 Active Member

According to the packing url, Idaho Recognises 41 states permits but is only recognised by 21 other states. That sucks! Looks like I have work to do.
  8. JamesRK

JamesRK New Member

You think that’s bad. South Carolina only recognizes six states, and they all have to be resident licenses. Seventeen states recognize South Carolina. I can pretty much go anywhere I want to go except South Carolina, and it don’t look like it’s is going to change any time soon.

By the way, Florida will accept a copy of you DD214 or NRA Hunter Safety Course as documentation of training.
  9. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

i was just looking at that james. :rolleyes: i'm in south carolina.....
  10. MPinkston

MPinkston New Member

My TN permit is honored in 28 additional states :D :D :D