Looking for a certain shooting chart

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by Raven1, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Raven1

Raven1 New Member

I just bought a Taurus 1911 and am looking for a chart I saw years ago that told what you were doing wrong when shooting. Such as if the bullets were hitting up to the left, or scattered etc.. It would tell you if you were standing wrong or breathing wrong etc.. I am have a hard time trying to find someone that knows what they are doing to teach me. Any good sources of info. I joined a local shooting club, but most member are interested in the bar. I just took the course for a Utah pistol permit and that help some.:confused:
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    First off, Welcome aboard! I don't think I have ever heard of such a chart as the one you discribe. I am also sorry about the local shooting club that you have joined. In my opinion alcohol and guns don't mix any better than alcohol and gas! Contact your local police dept., if there is someone in your area that has a range where they teach, they should know. Also most of the gun shops will know of anyone in the area who teaches. Join the NRA, if you are not already a member, and you can purchase a set of CD's that teach you how to use your SD gun.
  3. Jay

Jay New Member

I think that this may be the chart you're looking for......

[​IMG]
  4. bizy

bizy New Member

There are many reasons a person may have less accuracy than wanted. Every person is different. Some standards have different ways to hold a gun, stance or sighting. If you can afford it, practice, practice, practice... Every powder and ammo will give different results.

Really great free targets. mytargets.com free downloads PDF files.
  5. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Active Member

Go HERE and scroll to the bottom for the printable version of what you are looking for. There is a version for both left and right handed shooters