Looking for a hard to find clip

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by cdf50, Oct 20, 2009.

1. cdf50

cdf50 New Member

Hey does any one know where I could find a clip for a 22 rifle called a WOODCHUCKER that was made by a company called the Fort Worth Firearms comany,this company is no longer in buisness.I checked with president of the company that is in buisness now called the same name and he said it was not them and the co. was no longer in biusness! I would appreceate any help or info anyone might have!
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

3. cdf50

cdf50 New Member

It looks like the rifle in the top photo that is as far as the style of the stock but the clip sets right against the trigger gaurd ,the clip release is directly out side the trigger gaurd! Where you load the clip looks like a key whole like on an old door that uses a skeleton key! If i figure out how put a picture on here of the gun I will. I just recently retired and this my first computer and I am as they say not the brightest light in harbor in the computer world:)
  4. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

One of these

http://www.*********.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=134097377insert GB spelled out where the stars are in the url

Article on it in a 1998 NRA Rifleman
    Fort Worth Arms' new Woodchucker bolt-action rifle is one of the best training rifles for young shooters. Chambered for the .22 rimfire cartridge, the rifle sports several safety features that encourage safe shooting habits.
    Publisher: National Rifle Association of America
    Publication Name: American Rifleman
    Subject: Travel, recreation and leisure
    ISSN: 0003-083X
    Year: 1998

Read more: http://www.faqs.org/abstracts/Trave...ort-Worth-Arms-Woodchucker.html#ixzz0UVipTDT2

From 2003 Guns and Ammo

Ft. Worth Woodchucker
    Q: I'm having problems getting information on a .22 rifle I bought for my son. It's a youth model bolt action in the .22 LR called a Woodchucker. It has "Ft. Worth Firearms Inc." marked on the top. I would like to find out anything I can about this rifle--history, replacement parts and value. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. --S.B., via e-mail

A: The Ft. Worth Firearms concern was in operation from 1995 until 2000. It made affordable, high-quality sporting firearms including your Youth Model bolt action denominated Woodchucker. The Gun Parts Corporation in West Hurley, New York, is always the first choice for parts, especially for discontinued American-manufactured guns, as they usually buy up inventories of all makes and models. The Blue Book Of Gun Values lists your model at $120 in mint condition.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  5. cdf50

cdf50 New Member

Thank you for the great info! Yes that is the gun,I have used it for several years for coon and squirel hunting because of how small, light,and accurate it is.My 10 year old nephew also loves using it! I will contact them and see if i can get a clip and in the meanwhile a freind of mine who has a metal detector and myself are agoing out tomorrow and try to retrace my steps and take a stab at locating the clip I lost,probably not much chance but you don't knw till you try!
    Thanks again!!
  6. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Yep, that's most definitely not the Anschutz Woodchucker.
  7. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

Did we not just go thru this clip vs mag thing.
  8. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Yes we did. We decided that some people are way too anal about terminology.
  9. cdf50

cdf50 New Member

Yep well i figure as long as you can undedrstand what I am trying to say then the task has been done! Sorry if I don't use the proper terms to discribe things but I am just dumb a a$$ hilbilly who is to old to change,oh yeah I am not politicly correct either but won't apploligize for that:) Maybe I better put up the little gun and drag my cz out and lug it around ,I have not lost the CLIP (oops I mean magazine) to it yet!
  10. jrg

jrg New Member

Man, that Ft. Worth Woodchucker is extremely similar to the Anshutz. Top rifle is the Anshutz.

[​IMG]

Never seen that Ft. Worth before - cool! :cool: From the picture above, the rear of magazine appears to be very Mossbergish - has sloped sides pointing towards bullet? Here is a picture of a Mossberg 142k magazine floorplate.

[​IMG]

If so, maybe Havlins may be of some assistance. Good Mossberg owners site.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  11. Claude Clay

Claude Clay New Member

try 501 - 767-1970 Bobs gun parts.
  12. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

While we are at it and just for some meaningless trivia.
    Did anyone notice the time and effort everyone on this site puts into trying to assist fellow enthusiasts. There are no words to accurately describe you guys and gals, ( I like to include myself in the gang)
    It is the primary reason why IMHO this site and the people who participate are, as my granddad used to say,"ALL WOOL AND A YARD WIDE".

It is also the reason why I feel that owning and operating the range and retail business for the past 35 years has allowed me to work with, meet and visit with the last of the most honest, caring and giving people remaining in this wonderful nation.
    I pray daily that we somehow find the way to keep our rights and the ability to post as we do and not wake up one morning soon to find we have no internet as we know it or the ability to own and brag about our firearms.
    Thanks for that to every legal gun owner in this land.

UF