Looking For a Holster

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by JohnnyRobotic, Feb 4, 2004.

1. JohnnyRobotic

JohnnyRobotic New Member

I'm gonna be in the market for a Holster for my sw1911. I'm looking for a molded leather either dark brown or black and i want one that is not huge and cumbersome, and i want it to be one of those "super" molded ones that show the mag release button and all the hardware detail in the leather(just because i like that look) something that'll hold it tight but basically just cover the trigger and most the slide, is there anyone that has had a better experience with any brand of leather holster then another, i'd appreciate your feedback. also looking for the type that you thread you belt through outside the pants
  2. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat Active Member

Off the rack Galco is great in my book. Also check out those offered by Dillon - I've got two of their CYA's.
  3. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Check out www.wilsoncombat.com leather holsters.

Holsters for the range and CCW. I have several and like them better than any holsters I have owned.

As a matter of fact, my Colt Commander is on my side right now and has been all day in a Wilson Lo-Profile holster. The most comfortfortable holster I've ever worn.
  4. Pistolsmith

Pistolsmith New Member

I've had good luck with Kramer holsters. My favorite is his version of a paddle mount.
    In reading your post, I can see a universal truth emerging: It is in the eye of the beholder. A concealed carry holster is (by law, in this state) always concealed; therefore it is not exposed to view. So, if it pleases you...spray in some silicone and enjoy using it.
  5. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Welcome to TFF Pistolsmith! I'm going to go on a "Google" search to find some of the Kramer's to have a look-see!...:cool:
  6. denfoote

denfoote New Member

I carry my 1911 and my CZ 52 in a Kramer belt scabbard.
  7. BlkHawk73

BlkHawk73 New Member

For all that detailing you want as well as top notch quality, look at Mitch Rosen's lather gear. I've been sold on his products from the first one I bought. Excellant stuff! www.mitchrosen.com
  8. Gunfyter

Gunfyter New Member

Try the Rangemaster holster from C. Rusty Sherrick. A bit pricy but it's an outstanding holster.
  9. suryevor

suryevor Guest

that "molding" slows your draw, and is

SOON "worn loose" by practice draws. Best get some sort of screw adjustable tensioning device. Kydex is hard on blueing, but it is a shade faster at clearing the gun, especially if the rig is worn IWB, with the belt tension added to the equation.
  10. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat Active Member

Like a Galco Paddle, which has the spiffy molding - and the tension screw. Hey!! Best of both worlds!! Plus its leather, and we all know holsters are supposed to be leather - like pistols are supposed to be metal... (sorry, couldn't resist the easy Glock jab..)

Check out Galco's Royal line for their really nice stuff.
  11. Whitefang81

Whitefang81 New Member

Well if want to go with a kydex of thermoplastic holster Definatly go with a Blad-tech holster, i own one and love it www.blade-tech.com
  12. Red-Nite

Red-Nite New Member

I have a few holsters from high noon holsters. They seem to have a fairly good quality for a reasonable price. They let you choose from a lot of options. milt Sparks has a nice line of holsters. My next holster will come from Tucker gun leather ...like the design(not sure of the quality)
    http://tuckergunleather.com/
    http://www.highnoonholsters.com/index.html