The Firearms Forum banner

Looking for a knife

6K views 29 replies 20 participants last post by  Awtoman 
#1 ·
I have not owned a knife in 30 years, I would like to know what is a good brand of knife to buy. I am open to all suggestions and opinions on all knives.

#30 ·
While searching for a new knife I discovered this small semi-custom knife company, www.barkriverknifetool.com They have a wide variety of fixed blade knives from EDC to Hunting to Survival, that are meant for heavy use. They also have exotic handle materials available if you want a safe queen. One of their notable differences from other knives is a convex edge, as opposed to a machine ground bevel. Convexed edges are inherently stronger than modern beveled edges, (do your own research) and are much more user freindly when it comes to sharpening. After general use I spend no more than a minute touching up my EDC blades with a belt hanging on a doorknob, and can shave the hair off my arm.
I've had Kershaws, Bucks, Schrades, Cases, and none come close to a Bark River for me. I now own about 15 of their knives, and I wouldn't use anything else. Their only drawback if you can call it that, is they don't make any folders currently. They make some small EDC fixed blades that are pocketable. I think folders are too weak by design anyway, at least for me. Most of their knives are between $100 and $200 and come with the best warranty and customer service in the business. A few above that and a few below. I have no affiliation with them other than being a completely satisfied customer.

Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.