1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Looking for a little assistance . . .

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jpmccr, Feb 5, 2007.

1. jpmccr

jpmccr Member

Ok, here's the poop. My father passed away in November and left me a handful of firearms. 17 total: 5 side arms, 2 shotguns and 10 rifles (he lived in Montana). I have found user guides for the majority but I have some hard ones that I am now looking for. They are: INTERARMS Model 27, J STEVENS ARMS Model 58, J STEVENS Springfield Double Barrell 12-gage, and a SAVAGE .250 - 3000. Anyone out there have any ideas???? I also think I have some collectibles as well: Winchester Models 25, 54, & 70. Those are good ones to have around, right?? I am not a novice as I am prior military. I just wanted to know if there is still any documentation out there.

Thanks for listening,
    JP
  2. Goody

Goody Member

3. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Thanks Goody. Just ordered a copy.
  4. jpmccr

jpmccr Member

Thanks for the assist. I have no idea what I am going to do with all of them but it would help to find out what they are all worth.
  5. njretcop

njretcop New Member

If you decide to part with that Savage 250, I would appreciate a note at:

njretcop@copmail.com

Thank you
  6. jpmccr

jpmccr Member

Got the book finally and found a lot of them in there. It is a great book. I just need to get them home now. Any ideas????
  7. stash247

stash247 New Member

Getting them home...
    One approach would be to find a FFL, on each end, and pay what they asked, to ship, and receive, across their books, each of these arms, which would likely be close to a grand, US, before you had them, in hand, and likely more, depending on UPS charges!
    OTOH, If it were me, I'd simply take a few days off from work, enjoy the time off, and drive up to Montana, and haul 'em home, myself; no paperwork, no shipping, no transfer fee, and a wonderful, scenic trip!