1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

looking for a new revolver

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by cpt.bales, Jun 5, 2006.

1. cpt.bales

cpt.bales Former Guest

I am looking to get a new revolver . i already have a 38. and i want something with a bigger barrel and more power. i was thinking of a 44 magnum. does anyone have any suggestions ??????? :) :) :)
  2. lead

lead Well-Known Member

It depends on what you want to use it for, of course. If it's a hunting gun, Ruger single action Blackhawks and double action Redhawks are extremely well made.
    If it's for carry, S&W has a number of nice choices.
    Stick with a company that has a good reputation for taking care of it's customers.I've already mentioned the "big two", Taurus makes some nice guns at good prices, but I've heard some people complain about their customer service.
  3. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Please take the time to shoot a 44 mag some before you buy one there is a big difference between the 38 and the 44
    My favorite is the 357 mag for about everything I own several
    I also shoot the 44 mag and the 45 auto but the 357 is my favorite all the way around.
    The 22 LR in the right wheel gun can be more fun and works for a lot of different things depending on the cartridge that it is loaded with. (please don't by a junk 22 and expect it to be the right one)I will get yelled at by some but with the right cartridge and up close it is a fine "GET OFF ME PISTOL" as well, (cheap to shoot)
    no collection is complete without a good 22 LR in it.
    that is just an old mans 2 cents worth.
    Ron
  4. cpt.bales

cpt.bales Former Guest

well i would like a 44 for the power. i am not a rookie shooter. i know there is a huge difference between 38. and 44. i carry a 45. 1911-A1 so i am used to recoil and keeping the gun steady. i have not shot a 44 though. what is the difference between the 45 and the 44 as far as recoil go's?
  5. slow944

slow944 New Member

I've got the Redhawk in 44mag and it's been ported and trigger job so I think it kicks less than my 45. But there's nothing like looking from the business end of the 44 and seeing those big honken bullets ready to rock and roll. Now my Colt Trooper 357 has more kick than either in my opinion.
  6. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

How about a .460 S&W They got power if ya can afford the shells.
  7. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Here is Marlin's S&W 629 .44mag. Better keep a firm grip on it when you shoot. :eek: ;) Kicks a WHOLE LOT more than my SA .45 Ultra Compact. :)

Attached Files:

• 629.jpg
      629.jpg
      File size:
      40.9 KB
      Views:
  8. cpt.bales

cpt.bales Former Guest

i have made the choice to get a single action army 44 cal. revolver. i want a cowboy gun.
  9. stetson

stetson New Member

If you buy 44 mag you can always shoot 44 specials in it.Might be a tad
    lighter in recoil.
  10. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Never heard of a Colt Single Action Army in 44 Mag before or are you getting the 44-40? If I were you and getting this type if weapon, I would go for the .45 Colt version. Bigger buddit! ;) :D :D
  11. cpt.bales

cpt.bales Former Guest

this is what i want. i messed up. i want a 1851 navy in 44 cal. or something simalar to this .

[​IMG]
  12. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member