The Firearms Forum banner

Looking for a start to a presentation box for a Walker

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  70gtvert 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of a place that sells empty boxes that can be used to make a presentation box that would fit a Colt Walker and all the accouterments? I can finish off the inside without problem but I can't find a source for a box itself. Thanks for any help in locating this. John.

#3 ·
Thanks, but I am looking for an empty one. I feel that $200 + or - is a little steep for those pre-finished boxes. I found some that are empty, made of walnut, but are for chess pieces that would work for a pocket model for $35 to $45 but at 12" long and 2" deep are just a little bit tooooo small for a Walker.

#5 ·
Try stores like Hobby Lobby, Marshal's or even JoAnnes. They sell wooden boxes that can be used to display keepsakes or memorabilia. They can be pre-finished or un-finished & some can be hung on the wall or set on a table. They come in a variety of sizes & depths.

#9 ·
Do you know any woodworkers? I've built several boxes for different friends, mostly military memorability. Doesn't take long, and not costly at all.

#12 · (Edited)
I've ordered several from this place,,,
Hampels Woodland Products.

I've never had a problem with the product quality,,,
The boxes are very tightly constructed
And the prices are affordable.

The box with the Rugers was $43.00,,,
The Coffin was only $35.00.

I've used a few boxes from Hobby Lobby,,,
They are cute and not too expensive,,,
But very cheaply (badly) built.

I've had more success with their fake books than their boxes,,,
But the books don't have any kind of latch built on them,,,
I had to epoxy magnetic cabinet door latches in them.

If you go to their website you can download a 40% off coupon,,,
You can only use one per day and only on one item,,,
But hey, a 40% savings is worth the printing ink.

Hope this helps.

Aarond

#14 ·
I have potentialy 3 ways to go, 1 through the PM, one with the latest link ( I'll have to see if the dimensions will allow a Walker and accessories to fit in them or if he can custom build one, and #3, my 30 year old daughter I found out is dating a guy who is a good worker. She just sent us a Facebook link of a set of kitchen cabinets he built for her house. Didn't know he could do that. Question is, does he have time sine there are about a dozen more cabinets needing replaced. Just want to say thanks all for the ideas for this that I would never have thought of...that's what makes forums like this great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.