Looking for advise for a framing nail gun

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cycloneman, Jun 27, 2012.

1. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Is there such a thing as a nail gun that shoots nails ment for use with concrete form boards? Typ a concrete nail has 2 heads. It makes it easy to remove and reuse the form board. Is there a nailer that shoots these nails?
  2. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

yeah, they have them. T-nailers. cost around 300, most building supply stores can get them. not usually found at home depoy or lowes, but you can try. If it's a small project, rent one. great for hurricane straps also.
  3. cycloneman

i dont think that is what i am looking for

I want to shoot these nails.

Isnt a t nailer for shooting into concrete? I want to shoot form lumber and leave the second head up to remove it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  4. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Just get a frameing nailer and set the depth to leave the nail 1/4 to 1/2" up.
  5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

6. cycloneman

That will help. Thanks. I have been calling them double headed nails. Figured someone would know.
  7. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2012
  8. medalguy

medalguy Member

9. cycloneman

10. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

When I was pouring concrete for the union the men that set the frames for us used them I am not sure ware they got them so I can't help you with that.
    But at lest you know they are made.
    I helped a friend stud out a house frame once with a nail gun it was the first time I used one the nail skiped off the stud and right thru my finger he took me to the hospital and when they took out there tool box and used a pair of pliers to pull it out.:yikes:
    So be safe with it.When you use it please.
    Mike
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  11. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

12. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

I buy all my nail guns from Senco or distributors thereof. Hard to imagine a stuation where a duplex nailer would be usefull though. In what capacity would you mass shoot dupes while hanging forms?
  13. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

I think they have nailers for everything now!

I was out on my deck one morning saw three Amish (or Mennonites) guys put up my neighbor's small barn up a few years ago, I was thinking I was going to see some good old craftmanship.....more like a Craftsman compressor, they used it on almost everything, frame, siding, shingles.

Plus these guys were like machines working -and- I never said a word to each other, nothing and it was done in maybe 3 hours or less.

Amazing, the guys that built my deck in 1989 hand hammered everything including rafters, joist, beams, shingles. They compound mitred the roof rafters going up at a pitch. Excellent work, they only used the compressor on the brads for the ballusters.
  14. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

http://www.nailgundepot.com/SD426-31...d-Details.html
    these are a 22 degree plastic strip nail. hitachi and any other round head strip nailer should shoot them. the senco nails appear to be a coil nailer, holds more nails that a strip, more compact, but the wire holding the nails tends to blow all over the place. cheaper in the long run.
    as an aside, I always bought hitachi, never had a problem except for a broken piston now and then. but they were used commercially so...dropped one 40 feet onto a poured basement floor; it laughed it off.
  15. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I hand hammered my deck except for my deck boards which I screwed in. Then I way over built it. Where code called for 2x10 I used 2x12 doubled up on 6x6 posts laid 2x10 on top and put deck boards on top. You could park a tank on my deck. Where I live you don't have to get a permit if you are the home owner building a deck just contractors need them.