Looking for an upper...

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by ckill1, Jun 8, 2009.

1. ckill1

ckill1 New Member

What do you guys consider a great bang-for-the-buck AR upper? I have a lower, parts kit, & furniture, but need a complete upper. Seems to me prices on *&^broker and other sites hvae leveled off and even seem to be declining. I have looked at DPMS, blackthorne, Oly, Bushy, and some others, but can't find a consensus on what to buy. Would like to come in under 550-600 complete if possible. Know of any deals out there now? I will be using this mainly for plinking and home defense. Most ranges under 75 yards. Would like an a-3 upper...opinions?

thanks,

Chris
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

3. ckill1

ckill1 New Member

OK, so I decided on an upper half from Tactical Machining out of Fla. Smooth side, which I wanted, standard weight barrel, bolt carrier & charging handle included for under 600.00. Now just have to see if I can assemble the damn thing!

Chris
  4. TOOHSOTKIL

TOOHSOTKIL New Member

Best bang for the dollar, and quality. MODEL "1" SALES
    Complete rifles kits $510.00......that is "every" part less the receiver. So you can rebuild your lower or keep those parts for later repairs. Why settle for just the upper??
  5. ckill1

ckill1 New Member

Tooth-

I know all about Model 1, but when I checked they were 6months behind on shipping! I think they are caught back up now, and I ordered my lower parts kit and an A-1 stock from them, should be here by fathers day!

I had some very specific ideas about what I wanted for this AR...even though I want it mainly for "plinking", I knew exactly what I wanted for parts/configuration.

I will hopefully get it put together this week & get you guys a range report! Still need to order sights, tho...

Chris
  6. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member