Looking for Barrel "Browning Sweet Sixteen"

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by maint.man, Dec 5, 2008.

1. maint.man

maint.man New Member

Any Ideas, where to find one? Thanks.
  2. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

3. maint.man

maint.man New Member

Thanks for the lead. My grandfathers "Sweet 16" Belgian Browning has a big Poly choke that works OK. But it looks really bad.

Thanks Again
  4. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

Then another option is to send the barrel to Briley, have them remove the adjustable choke, and install screw in chokes.
    If it were me, while it was there, I'd have them lengthen the forcing cone (reduces recoil and improves the shot pattern), and if the barrel walls are thick enough, have it back bored.
    http://www.briley.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=122
  5. WRC

WRC Member

I have an older Ruger Red Label with fixed chokes. I contacted Ruger years ago and they told me the walls were too thin to install screw-in chokes. Most I contacted told me they would do it for a price. I listened to the manufacturer. Can only suggest you do the same.
  6. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

WRC, Ruger was just covering their backsides. Too many anti gun attorneys ready to jump on the major gun makers because they know where the money is. That's why Ruger stamps a disclaimer novella on their pistol barrels.
    Jess Briley perfected the "thin wall" choke tube for shotguns like yours. If there is the slightest risk of converting a certain barrel, Briley will tell you so over the phone. You'll never realize the full potential of your shotgun without them. The difference in the pattern between the factory Browning Invector Plus tubes, and the Briley tubes in my Brownings, are like night and day.