Looking for ccw options

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by 31bravo, Aug 13, 2009.

1. 31bravo

31bravo New Member

i like revolvers but the reload is what im worried about if there is multiple attackers.

the middle para is a single stack 6+1
  2. 31bravo

31bravo New Member

well yesterday i made a decision. springfield XD subcompact have not made a choice on caliber but was thinking .40

thanks for all the help guys
  3. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

The XD sc is not a bad choice at all. My neighbor swears by his. Personally, I would stick with the 40S&W round. But if your experience is more 9mm go for it. Plenty if quality 9mm HP ammo to choose from and provide threat stopping power.

Since you prefer revolvers, consider a speed loader or moon clip. Reloads are as fast a pistol.
  4. Zidru_ret.

Zidru_ret. New Member

As someone else said, the Taurus 706 (or is it the 760?) is a good choice at that price range. If you can scrape just a bit more up though, don't pass up a good look at the Walther PPS. It is more expensive, yes, but a VERY nice gun for a CCW. And it is even slightly smaller than the PK 380 but with the 9mm punch!
  5. azsigman

azsigman New Member

I have only seen and held the new Walther PPS once. The trigger was phenomenal. But, is there a safety on the pistol besides the Glock type trigger ????? I didn't get a chance to really check it out and I have wondered about the safety ever since ...... without an additional safety, it seems to me that it would be a bit touchy to holster.
  6. hvacwizard24

hvacwizard24 New Member

I personally like the glock 23. Lot of firepower with a proven track record!!
  7. graehaven

graehaven Active Member

It's too late, he already decided on buying a brick, that you cannot get parts for.