looking for first model H&R auto ejector disassembly instructions

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by archie72490, Mar 14, 2012.

1. archie72490

archie72490 New Member

I have a first series auto ejector that I am restoring, and I need to do a full disassembly. It seems to be from the very first series and design and does not have the button on the side under the rear sight that all of the gun books reference. I am hoping that someone on here has some instructions that they can send. If you happen to have these instructions please post a link or let me know so that I can send you my contact info. If someone has an original manual I would be interested in purchasing it depending on the price.
  2. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

archie,
    There are no original manuals. There may be instructions in one of the 20th century NRA disassembly guides - check your Library. Got pics of your gun? Would especially like to see some of the piece disassembled, if you would be so kind. Would fit into my research files. Good luck my friend, keep us posted.
  3. archie72490

archie72490 New Member

thanks I will post some pics once I can get it fully disassembled. I have tried to contact h&r (they only make long guns now and haven't replied. All of the books I have checked only had the version with the button on the side of the break lever. my next step is to contact the gunsmith that I apprenticed with to see if he has the info I need in his massive library of gun books. I tried contacting the NRA museum to see if they could help me but they don't seem to have any H&r guns at all.
  4. archie72490

archie72490 New Member

finally got the weapon fully disassembled. After taking some time off from this project to work on a few others I came back to it and found something I had missed. pics are coming as soon as I can get them uploaded
  5. archie72490

archie72490 New Member

here it the photo of the weapon mostly disassembled. I chose not to disassemble the frame today. let me know if you want to see closer pictures. (I know the work station might look strange but, my usual home work station is occupied by one of my rifles)

Attached Files: