LOOKING FOR HELP WITH INHERITED ANTIQUE FIREARMS

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by phdmam, May 6, 2012.

1. phdmam

phdmam New Member

Hello,

I am a new member, and would really love some help with understanding the value of, and possibly selling a collection of antique firearms that I inherited.

I have:

Matching Louis Smith kentuky flintlock rifle and pistol

1816 navy flintlock pistol

Civil war era percussion cap rifle

TWO - 1840 continental pinfire double barrel pistols (belgian/ french?)

If anyone can help me start learning about these pieces, i would really appreciate the help!

I live in LI new York.

thanks
  2. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

Welcome to TFF. If you repost this on the "Ask the Pros & What's It Worth?" thread you will get lots of replys.
  3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Gotta have pictures and conditions and serial numbers and much more info.....
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I suggest posting for one gun at a time (the two double barrel pistols together), with good pictures of the right and left sides, lockplates, and either a picture or description of any markings. With many reproductions around, a general description could be of an original antique worth thousands, or a poor quality reproduction worth almost nothing.

Jim