1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

LOOKING FOR HELP WITH INHERITED ANTIQUE FIREARMS

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by phdmam, May 6, 2012.

1. phdmam

phdmam New Member

Hello,

I am a new member, and would really love some help with understanding the value of, and possibly selling a collection of antique firearms that I inherited.

I have:

Matching Louis Smith kentuky flintlock rifle and pistol

1816 navy flintlock pistol

Civil war era percussion cap rifle

TWO - 1840 continental pinfire double barrel pistols (belgian/ french?)

If anyone can help me start learning about these pieces, i would really appreciate the help!

I live in LI new York.

thanks
  2. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

Welcome to TFF. If you repost this on the "Ask the Pros & What's It Worth?" thread you will get lots of replys.
  3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Gotta have pictures and conditions and serial numbers and much more info.....
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I suggest posting for one gun at a time (the two double barrel pistols together), with good pictures of the right and left sides, lockplates, and either a picture or description of any markings. With many reproductions around, a general description could be of an original antique worth thousands, or a poor quality reproduction worth almost nothing.

Jim