1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Looking for Information/Links - Hopkins & Allen Safety Police

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by BobW, Dec 3, 2009.

1. BobW

BobW New Member

Got an old family revolver (break action, .32), and want to find out more about it. Google searches aren't turning up much. Anyone have any info?
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I recently acquired one of those simply because of the interesting action and they way they dealt with the hammer safety problem. That was one of the last new revolvers put out by H&A, and was made from 1908 until the end of H&A in 1915.

They called it the "Safety Police" or "Triple Action"* and made them in .22, .32 S&W and .38 S&W, exposed hammer or concealed hammer. Mine is an exposed hammer type .38, with a 3 1/4" barrel and is near new, in the box. Other barrel lengths were 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 inch. I got it at a good price at a gun show because the seller didn't know what it was.

Like all H&A products, it is quite a well made gun and sold for about the same price ($12) as the comparable S&W.

*The triple action seems to refer to the hammer cam that moves it away from the firing pin when the trigger is released, serving the same purpose as a transfer bar or hammer block.

Jim