The Firearms Forum banner

Looking for information on a Single Action Colt Replica.

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  RJay 
#1 ·
This gun is a replica of a Colt "Storekeeper". It is a Single Action .45 Colt. It has a three inch barrel. It is the model with just the cylinder pin instead of having an extractor rod. I believe it may have been sold by Hawes and may be made by J.P. Saer and Sohn in Western Germany. My question is; To anybodies knowledge did either of these companies manufacture a gun like this?

Other than being stamped with a Colt patent I cannot find any makers mark.

I am need of a firing pin assembly for this gun.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

#4 ·
We'd be happy to help.

Put some pix of the gun up here, so we can see what you got.

Any and all markings. Hammer face. Close-ups. Full picture. Left side. Right side.

You know, help us help you.

#6 · (Edited)
I finally got around to taking some picture of the Colt Replica I am wanting information about. I believe it may be a Hawes, possibly manufactured by J. P. Saer and Sohn in Germany and possibly marketed through Firearm Imports Exports. As you can see it is a 45 Long Colt Single Action with a three inch barrel. It is a replica of the Colt "Storekeeper".

Any information you may have on the gun would be appreciated. I need a firing pin, cup and spring and I really don't know where to look. As you can see from the picture the firing pin is not attached to the hammer as in most colts of the type.

http://s125.photobucket.com/user/tnixon48/library/Colt Replica Revolver?sort=3&page=1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.