Looking for ladder treestand that has adjustable shooting rest

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by wpshooter, Oct 19, 2012.

1. wpshooter

wpshooter Member

I am looking for a ladder type tree/hunting stand which has the following features:

1) Must have an adjustable shooting/safety rest/bar that can be both moved completely upward to allow easy access into the treestand and also be adjustable (multiple positions) so that it can be set at different angles depending on the desired shooting distance(s).

2) Must have a sturdy double railed ladder.

Do you know of any on the market that meets both of the qualifications ?

Thanks.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  2. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

also looking for deer who only come in at 20-30-and 40 yards. Must be large bucks, and stand perfectly still and sideways. Would prefer them to come in 30 minutes after entering stand so I can take my morning dump without distraction. Also looking for a device that guts and drags large deer without damaging the racks. Would prefer a stand location where the sun is not in my eyes, the wind is always in my face, and the temperature is around 70 degrees. Female companionship is a plus. Not too talkative, and able to make a perfect martini. Direct TV is not required as TV sucks these days.

:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry, I couldn't resist. My apologies//// forgive me/......
  3. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

I got one of those Big Game ladder stands a few years back, 2 man, but still tight fit.

So I built my own this past summer and we are taking 5 miles back in on sled once trail is good enough. I have 800 bucks into it. 2 inch sq pipe, 1/8 inch but main supports & ladder is 3/16 two in pipe. Weighs too much, 700 lbs and we'll winch it up, 2 ladders 20 feet up. I used ply board and will take a pict tomorrow of frame and post. It will last 50 years, no joke and going on a lick. Indians & me are hauling it out pretty quick. Heavy duty, but ain't gonna rust away either.
  4. wpshooter

wpshooter Member

If you are concerned about drinking a perfect "martini", then you have probably never even been in a treestand !!! Sorry, I couldn't resist.
  5. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

:eek:NOTfunny booze and hunting do NOT mix,:eek:
  6. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

No they don't but it WAS funny.:D
  7. Country101

Country101 Active Member

My friend got a big game ladderstand. It has a rail. It's not adjustable positioned, but you could make it by adding a few bolts to change the resting posititon.
  8. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

JST, Here is the stand I made, upside down. The floor is 4X8, 2 ladder sections, 10 foot ea. I have the ply board covered, have to haul everything out and start bolting every together and then winch up a big tree.

[​IMG]
  9. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

JST, Here is the stand I made, upside down. The floor is 4X8, 2 ladder sections, 10 foot ea. I have the ply board covered, have to haul everything out and start bolting every together and then winch up a big tree.

[​IMG]
  10. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

[​IMG]