Looking for opinions

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by backwoods tactical, Aug 25, 2012.

1. backwoods tactical

backwoods tactical New Member

Hello all, I am just getting started with a local cowboy action club. I have been looking at different single action pistols to use. My question is, has anybody used or knows someone that has used the uberti cattleman, in competition or for general shooting. So far those are looking as about the best for the money. Any info, input, or story (even opinions are welcome) will be helpful.

Thanks
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

I bought two new Uberti Cattleman revolvers, did action jobs on both and had the sights regulated. No problems.
  3. Goody

Goody Member

They will suffice. You will eventually want to have some lighter springs put in, or do ir yourself. I would stay away from a home action job unless you know what you are doing. A competent CAS smith will charge 100-150 per revolver to make them feel much better. May I suggest you look around on this sight, and ask further questions there?

http://www.sassnet.com/

We are a nice group over there, maybe a few turds but we are few a far between.
  4. HAGEN442

HAGEN442 New Member

I have owned and used both Ubeti Cattleman and Ruger New Vaqueros shooting SASS.
    I settled on Ruger Cartridge 45s and Pietta 1858 44 C&Bs .