looking for parts colin 32 auto

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by kcomqg, Jan 13, 2012.

1. kcomqg

kcomqg New Member

looking for parts colon 25 auto pistol

i have a very old colon 25 auto pistol looking for a firing pin for it and more info
    ill post pics shortly
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Re: looking for parts colon 25 auto pistol

The Colon* pistol was made by Antonio Azpiri in Eibar, Spain. It was one of many very inexpensive Spanish guns of that type made in Spain from the 1920's up to the Spanish Civil War. The maker is long out of business. The firing pins on those guns are very simple, and easy to make, but having one made by a gunsmith might cost more than the gun is worth, which is certainly well under $100, even in good condition.

*Colon is the Spanish name for Columbus, as in ol' Chris.

Jim
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  3. Lanrezac

Lanrezac Active Member

"Pistols of the World", 2nd edition, shows Colon as the name of a 25 automatic made by Antonio Azpiri, doing business as Azpiri y Cia, of the Eibar region of Spain. There were many makers of inexpensive automatic pistols there from about 1910 until the outbreak of the Spanish Civil War in 1936, when almost all of them vanished (if they had not gone of business already). Finding a firing pin will be a matter of pure chance, and even if you get one, it may not work. These guns were made with a lot of hand fitting, because the parts were none too precisely made. It would be easier to find a similar gun, of which there were many, in working condition.

Just my $.02. Hope it helps.
  4. kcomqg

kcomqg New Member

i was on numrich parts i found a browing jr .25 parts list with good pics of the parts that are actual size and it has the same firing pin,i am not a gunsmith but have alot of years working on guns under my belt i think i can mod it and make it work, i have all the pin execpt the end of the pin
    i was told they copied these guns from browings etc
    this is a friends gun that roped me into fixing it for him lol
    thanks for the info!!
  5. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, what is a Browning JR.??
  6. Lanrezac

Lanrezac Active Member

kcomqg, there are two very different FN-Browning 25 caliber automatic pistols:

The first one is usually called the Model 1905, and sometimes the "Baby Browning". Your Colon is a copy of this design, but the odds that any parts from it would be useful to you are slim to none. The Spanish guns were only rough copies of the Browning, and it would be like hoping parts from Volkswagen Rabbit would work in a Plymouth Horizon because they are both kind of the same size and shape.

The second one replaced the Model 1905 in the 1930s. Confusingly, it is usually just called the Browning Baby. It was made until fairly recently, and is about as much like your gun as a Volkswagen Rabbit is like a Volkswagen Beetle - they are intended for the same purpose, but are only related by being made by the same company. (Sorry to harp on Volkswagens, but it just snowed and I haven't been out to get fresh analogies.)

Like JimK said, you could easily spend more fixing this gun than it would be worth if fixed, and it would still be an old, rather poorly made firearm. Only do it if you are interested in gun collecting, and even then, you could probably get a similar, working gun for a lot less headache.

Just another $.02. Now you are up to $.04!