The Firearms Forum banner

Looking for some info on my single shot pocket .22

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  RJay 
#1 · (Edited)
I'd like some info on my single shot .22 pocket pistol there is no marking on it just numbers under the handle look like a iver johnson eclipse but all the one that i see on the net have a screw underneath were the barrel attach mind don't it is flat pin see picture i did post a picture of one i took on the net with the screw

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
This is one of those things that just because it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it still may not be a duck. Yes it does look like an Eclipse but this style of small derringer was copied by several manufactures, for example both Shattuck and Pointer made derringers that are almost identical to the Johnson and Bye gun, and who knows how many others also made a similar derringers, even
Bill Goforth, in his excellent book on Iver's stated that is difficult to ID the different derringers of this type. Every thing I've found, the Eclipse did use a screw for the barrel pivot point. Could be wrong, been wrong before { I think }. Maybe others have more information in reference to this gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.