1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Looking for the value of a revolver

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Michael0912, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Michael0912

Michael0912 New Member

Any one know the value of a 9 shot H & R Arms co. Model 922 22 cal revolver? It has the serial number M10610. That may give the time frame in which it was made. A friend of mine inherited it and I am interested in purchasing it.......and then registering it. Thanks.. Michael
  2. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    im answering this post just because for some reason nobody else has.i am not an h and r collector but for me if it was in semi good shape its worth from 100-150.00.i have had one many years ago and it was not a tack driver by any means.that was a long time ago and it may have been wore out. to give you a better estimate a picture will be necessary. old semperfi
  3. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

'M' prefix indicates 1952 manufacture - If it has a 6" barrel, it will have a one piece grip on a "bird's head shaped" grip frame and it will be a 1st Model 7th Variation. If it has a 4" or a 2.5" barrel, it will have a "NEW STYLE" round butt grip frame taking two grip panels. In that case, it will be a 1st Model 8th Variation (actually a forerunner of the 2nd Model introduced the next year, 1953.) Value will depend upon which one you have and condition. Very Generally speaking - the value will range from about $50 for a parts gun, up to a bit over $200 in Excellent condition - add the box and add another $25 to $35.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  4. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Here's a 1st Mod. Var. 7 (1952) versus a 2nd Mod. 1st issue (1953)

IMG_1297_2.jpg