Looking for two or three good projectiles that work with 357 SIG...Limited?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by rideflhtc, Mar 30, 2010.

1. rideflhtc

rideflhtc New Member

From what I can tell, the 357 SIG can be a great and versatile everything from a plinking gun to a serious self defense weapon. We seem limited on available projectiles for the reloader to use in taking advantage of the gun's versatility.

I picked up the 357 SIG in a trade last week not really knowing much about them. The more I learn the more interested I get in this particular calibur. Reloading this little gem will tax my limited knowledge I am sure.

Can anyone help me with this one? The 9MM bullet apparently needs to maintain a diameter of .355-.356 out to within about .250 of the tip of the bullet in order to allow a solid crimp and still not exceed the OAL of 1.140. I can't seem to find many that do that.....expecially hollow points.

rideflhtc
  2. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

Welcome to the forum Rideflhtc. :)

I love loading 357Sig & use bullets originally designed for .380acp. I like the light & fast aspect of the 357sig rd., & use 90gr Hornady XTP's, & load pulled factory rds. like Winchester Silver-Tips, Federal HydroShoks, Remington Golden Sabres, & CorBon JHP's since I can't seem to find them for sale to the general reloading public. :(

My pet load is 11.3gr of Power Pistol under an 90gr HydroShok moving 1733fps. W/ 600ft lbs, the 357sig (for up close S/D) makes perfect sense to me. :D Normally, I use +P 45acp but where I live prohibits the extra penetration of the bigger slug.

Check out this link for 357sig recipies;

http://www.handloads.org/loaddata/d...&Weight=All&type=Handgun&Order=Powder&Source=

The number of loads listed @ the site have doubled in the last year.

SR
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  3. rideflhtc

rideflhtc New Member

Thanks Suicide*Ride........I really appreciate your information on the 357 Sig......I like the sound of that 1733 FPS 90 gr bullet. I'll post any successes I have with the 357 Sig loads. I am anxious to run a few down the pipe. I have heard from several sources about the consistency of this calibur

rideflhtc
  4. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

You're very welcome Rideflhtc! :D Be sure to post a range report & be prepared...... that 1733fps load is a violent fire-breather!! ;) Try'em out on a few water jugs & get back to us. :D

S*R