looking to get a glock

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by gpena1911, Dec 20, 2005.

1. gpena1911

gpena1911 New Member

what models do yall like. I was thinking bout the glock 30 .45acp compact or the glock 23c .40cal compact with the ported barrel any feedback would be helpful. Thanks Gabriel
  2. Hi gpena. I have both a G30 and a G33 and love them both. The G30 in .45 ACP makes an excellent carry gun if you're wearing something loose enough to hide it well. I like the G33 in .357 Sig because I can simply insert a .40 S&W barrel in it and shoot .40s, or switch back to the .357 Sig barrel and shoot 9mm's on steroids! Either is an effective caliber and the G33 is small enough to make a great carry piece.
  3. DemonDesert

DemonDesert New Member

I bought a Glock 23 last spring, and I love it. It conceals well, and it shoots straight.
  4. Glockgod

Glockgod New Member

If you are going to CCW get the 45(tho I like the 9's myself) and think again about a compensated gun for CCW. My 19C looks like a flamethrower when fired in low light conditions. My personal favorite is the G26.
  5. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Just curious, why a glock?
  6. Because, as everyone knows, Glocks were designed by God Himself, probably when He rested on the 7th day. :D
  7. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok Member

Because he wants the best.
  8. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

I second that opinion,when only the best will do.It is good to know I am not the only Glock person on this forum :D :D :D :D
  9. gpena1911

gpena1911 New Member

thanks guys i have a glock 19 that i love for plinking but want something new to carry other then my 1911s. And have never had a glock fail on me they are just bad ass. Gabriel
  10. wizard78

wizard78 New Member

Hold on a minute. I didn't get my boots on in time.With all this BS being thrown about so freely, you have to warn people. I like Glocks and own both (non ported)of what you refer to but I'll take my Smith 669, Colt 1911, 45 or Para P10 ANYTIME over Glock!
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2005

11. ::::putting on hip boots::::: But Wizard, biblical research has shown clearly that God created all those you named (except the 1911) from spare parts He had left over after he created the Glocks. Kinda like Eve. :D ::::ducking:::: :rolleyes:
  12. wizard78

wizard78 New Member

Those spare parts fit together very nicely too. All kidding aside. The Glock is an excellent firearm. I just can't get passed the cocked firing pin, when carrying concealed. I carry it in an external holster fine but just can't bring myself to put it in a inside the pants holster. I consider it dangerous being cocked like that without a REAL safety. My other DA or SA autos are more secure and I don't have to worry about KABOOMS with reloads. I constantly check my mod20, 10mm for broken rear rails. I don't have to do that with ANY of my other autos. JMHO
  13. user_error

user_error New Member

Then, on the 8th day, when there was *REAL* work to do, he built himself a Beretta. Seriously, a Glock may be accurate and fairly comfortable to carry, but it shoots like a plastic rock. Berettas shoot like sex on satin sheets.
  14. punchie

punchie Member

Well, I reckon as long as you can't afford a decent 1911, H&K or a SIG, Glock is a decent choice. I mean, after all, it sure beats my Jennings and Lorcins.
  15. Deputy Dawg

The firing pin on a Glock is only partially cocked untill you pull the trigger, I carry one on a regular basis in a inside the pants holster,as far as kabooms you could change the barrel out to one with regular rifling or not use lead bullets in reloads,At the range where i have to qualify my score is usually 100,I trust my Glock because it has never jamed,or failed to gp bang when i pull the tigger.
  16. wizard78

wizard78 New Member

I know people that own Jennings and Ravens that say the same thing. Then again there are others that like conventional. Like to have control of a gun and be able to lower the hammer when they don't want it cocked but still be in ready mode. Maybe that's the best way I can put it. Glock doesn't put me in CONTROL of the gun. It's the same as DAO. You have to do it THEIR way. I'll continue to own Glocks but will only carry a gun that I can have total control of the firing mechanism. I'll continue using them at the range but not when I have to stop and think about touching the trigger in a life or death stress situation. I honestly believe that the only reason so many LEO carry the Glock, is because their dept. buys it for them and Glock gives special discounts to depts. To each their own but let's be honest about those plastic when comparing them to the 1911's and other real, steel.... What am I saying. There is no comparison. Glocks will always be second to Colt 1911, Beretta, Sig, H&K and Para Ordnance
  17. Deputy Dawg

Ok I can buy the part about being in complete control of your weapon , and it is true dept.do get discounts but second best?
  18. stash247

stash247 New Member

deputy, there are a lot of trouble free pistols out there, some, like glock, are even made of plastic. NONE have the time on the job, of the Colt 1911 pattern pistol, nor have any won as much tin, for accuracy.
    There is a 1911 pattern gun, somewhere, for any situation, taste, or purpose, from the Detonics Combat Master, to a Long Slide AMT.
    Based on it's 95+ years of credible service, many in places that cannot even spell Glock, I cast my vote, fot the original, real, deal.
  19. Deputy Dawg

Yes I will adimt they do have a long track record that so far has not been beat.
  20. Can't really say I disagree with you on that one, User, since I own several myself, Berettas that is, not satin sheets. :rolleyes: But it does remind of a girl I once knew in New Orleans . . . never mind. Let's not go there. This is a family kind of place. ;)