Looking to get a Remington R700

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Sniper_Wolf_666, May 5, 2012.

1. Sniper_Wolf_666

Sniper_Wolf_666 New Member

Well this went kind of the topic from my questions hahah. Thanks for all the info peeps
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

"right this way mr. foxhound"..

The difference between a Sa and a LA is about a half an inch. the LA action is meant to accomodate .30-06 and .300 winmag length cartridges and the SA is meant to accomodate the 7.62X51/.308 win length cartridges.

I believe Cpttango said it best above. The remington 700 5R milspec is simply a stainless steel version of the army M24 sniper weapon system. And it can be ordered already in a McMillain stock, or my personal preference the HS precision stock. All youd need is a refinish in flat OD and Black and youd have the M24 for all intents and purposes..

The other guys have all put in some good points and great advice, they are simply trying to help you achieve your goal and save money, so youd do well to take some of the advice. Graduating from metal gear solid on your big screen to building and shooting a precision long range rifle is a difference of night and day.. Unfortunately ten million drebin points wont do you much good when you call Mcmillain to order a real stock.

Good luck with your project..
  3. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

WELL SAID....:D
  4. pdg929

pdg929 New Member

you really are new to shooting you are looking for a "kool" factor not the actual shooting factor. your must play a lot of call of duty because i have never hear anyone call a remington 700 a r700 besides the game
  5. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I do play a lot of COD i say r700 all the time not from the game but as an abbreviation. Whats the big deal? Everyone including yourself knew what he was saying.

PS In mygames there is no r700. Just saying.