Looks like he wears the skirt in that house

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by savage170, Nov 29, 2012.

1. savage170

savage170 Member

2. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

People suggesting this is a bad idea are either plain stupid or have an agenda. A child already comes with curiosity when you get them and the idea that simply putting something out of reach and saying "don't touch" will subside that is laughable ignorance.
    Contrare monfrare! And the less they know of it, the more dangerous it is in their hands.
  3. flboots

flboots Well-Known Member

Ive been reading about this in The Truth About Guns. Its a law in NY state that if you don't have a gun permit you can't even handle a gun. That is even at shooting ranges and gun dealers. No permit no touchy.
  4. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

I thought this thread was about HIGHBOY.............??????
  5. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Oh I'm just gonna be sick!

:lmao2:
  6. armoredman

armoredman New Member

Good article, well balanced. I do the same thing with my son, excpet he also gets to SHOOT them. :) Removes the mystery, and this practice was also taught in Massad Ayoobs excellent pamphlet, "Gun Proof Your Children"

I like posting pics to counter stories like this - hey, New York, czech THIS out!

[​IMG]
  7. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

I cant believe these people are making such a big issue out of this. It was unloaded. I used to walk around with a LOADED .22lr marlin when I was 8.
  8. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Member

Um, aren't these the same people who want to teach kids in elementary school about sex so they will be prepared?

PS: My mama taught me to shoot (a .22 single shot rifle) off our front porch around the age of 5 or 6. I had to "take rest" on the porch columns. Yeah, we lived waaaaaay out in the country---nearest neighbor was about a mile away, 17 miles from the nearest paved road.

Yes, Daddy's loaded 12 gauge shotgun leaned against the wall behind the door and Mama's .22 semiauto (loaded) hung over the fireplace for years. My brother and I never touched either one.
  9. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

+1!:lmao2::yeahthat::ya:
  10. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

Way to go, Armored.
  11. flintlock

flintlock Well-Known Member

Wow, the people near here! Rensselaer County is like another country compared to Albany County, and the attitude described shows it. But, like FuseBox points out, without a permit, you're not even supposed to be touching a handgun in the state of confusion, I mean New York. I have no problem with the lady's actions, and have done the same myself when the kids were young.
  12. TotheTop83

TotheTop83 Member

My wife's family is from the Bronx and they're absolutely astounded that I have firearms. They couldn't believe I didn't need a permit for a shotgun, let alone a handgun.

Recently my sister in law (32 years old) came to visit with her husband. The sister was terrified of the handgun even when it was obviously unloaded. She couldn't sit in the same room with it. She wasn't even trying to convince me that it was evil or that I shouldn't have it; she was just terrified. I hatched a plan and pretended to walk it back to my bedroom, but really concealed it on my person for about an hour before I told her it was there and it hadn't killed anyone. She smiled and said "oh, well I guess it's not sooo bad." First step complete!

It's a different culture in that state (area really...NJ, NY, CT). They've almost (totally in the city) completely given up their 2nd Amendment rights and seem to think a piece of metal is inherently dangerous. People fear what they don't know and New Yorkers don't know guns.

My wife and I decided we would rather introduce our children to firearms in a controlled environment like this lady rather than have our children find a way into the gun cabinet when we're gone. My first exposure to firearms was finding the key to the gun safe and there's no way I'm letting my kids do what I did the first time I handled one.
  13. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

I taught my kids when they were young - we lived in Finland and I didn't even own any guns there - owning firearms is a bit complicated in Finland. My ex-wife wouldn't even allow a rifle. However, I had friends so I was able to teach my kids. My youngest son is now in the Finnish Navy and is a gunners mate on one of their missile boats.

Now I live in Idaho. My wife (not my ex-wife) has no problem with me having guns and I'm going to get her a pistol of her own soon.
    My eldest daughter who was living in Portland Or. and now lives 12 miles away from us here in Idaho and has her own Ruger 10/22. I'll be giving her a pistol in the near future as a gift. Everyone in this valley has guns and I mean everyone. Small wonder we have about zero crime. This is an open carry state - truly open carry. One of my pistols rides on the dashboard of our pickup. There is a reason that it's there and it has nothing to do with people. That pistol is in the truck mostly in case we hit a deer and it isn't dead from the accident - I can shoot it so that it won't suffer.

We have sheep and goats and wolves do come down into our valley. One of our nearby neighbors lost 3 sheep and one of her Maremmano guard dogs to wolves last year. I am always armed outside. To go out and not be armed would simply be stupid. I go outside - I take my 1911.

People in cities simply do not understand what it is like to live up in the mountains far away from cities. The local sheriff could never get to someones property in time to save them from a wolf attack. Basically, if you aren't armed here you can very well become very dead while becoming food.
  14. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    Here in Commie Cali the cops are afraid of firearms. I was pulled over once for a talelight out and when the officer explained why he had pulled me over I respectfully told him I had a shotgun behind my seat and the slugs and 00B were locked in the glovebox and he actually pulled his sidearm on me and ordered me out of my vehicle.Eventually he called his SGT and his SGT came down (who is my neighbor and knows I own guns) And asked what the problem was, he said I had told him I had a unloaded shotgun in the truck. He was like so? What's the problem? And let me go. That cop was later fired for pulling over a person who had a lit cig in their mouth and swore up and down that he smelled weed when he drove by. (I'm in Humboldt County you can't go a mile without smelling it somewhere) Thank goodness he's gone now or I would not be happy to get a sidearm pulled on me again.
  15. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    Btw, I started shooting .22's when I was like 7 or 8. I respect firearms and don't know why it's (a crime or something) when children are taught to respect the firearm young.