Looters already planing - In wake of Hurricane Sandy

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by cheesewiz, Oct 29, 2012.

1. cheesewiz

cheesewiz Active Member

I was just reading that looters are already using social media to plan looting sprees in the wake of this Hurricane. Again this is the type of thing we talk about, disasters and people planing to loot, steal, and commit crimes and take advantage of such.

I hope this does not happen but I can already imagine the idiots already walking around in knee deep water carrying flat screen tv's and such just like Katrina.

To all the people in that area my thoughts are with you.This is why we prepare.
  2. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

this is the reason why many of the civilized among us own guns.. to protect against robbery or forceible fellony during times of need.. :(
  3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Just wait until they announce that Romney won the election!
  4. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

Of course. The vultures are already circling.
  5. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

Anybody remember the 1977 NYC Blackout with its looting and such? I do. I was right in the middle of it, along with my wife, four kids and an AR-15, holed up in a defensible nook. Stuck my head out every so often to guage the situation, and saw block after block of stores looking as if they'd been ripped open by giant can openers. The mayhem spread outwards like ripples from a stone tossed into a pond. What with today's social networking I've no doubt similar mayhem is already well into the planning stages, and when it erupts - not like a ripple but a monstrous coordinated flash-mob - emergency services may be forced to choose between containing looters or preventing storm related casualties. Hurricane Sandy may turn out to be the "perfect storm" in more ways than one. I pray I'm wrong.
  6. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

Always up to u wether to be a statistic or prepared. Evil always looks for a catalyst!
  7. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

8. nmckenzie

Haven't seen any vultures since moving to Alaska, and that was quite a ways back. We do see lots of eagles, gulls, hawks, hummingbirds, ravens and such, but no vultures - winged or two legged. The statement attributed to Admiral Yamamoto "..a rifle behind every blade of grass..." is quite literally true here, but the mindset in these parts is quite different.
  9. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Hurricane Sandy - the perfect storm - millions without power - widespread looting - martial law - disenfranchised voters can't vote - postpone elections.
  10. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

The hurricane will have passed before voting day and the polls will be open I'm sure.
  11. nmckenzie

In such an event one can hope the power grid's still up and running, and the looter standing in water up to his tender parts has neglected to disconnect the cord from the high voltage item he's making a grab for. :)
  12. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

I'm sure the hurricane will have passed as well but if power is out for an extended period of time (a week or two), what then?
  13. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

We have special laws for looters during things like this.

Now as far as anyone stating they are going to loot they must be some of the stupidest creatures on earth. Again it all goes back to that IQ thing.

You all keep your wits about you these storms bring out the nuts. Remember what I said about Issac? If your out of power you should have a qbeam ready to cut the night. Dont let your kids outside at night when you dont have power. I had 2 gents lurking around my place in the dark. Same thing during Katrina. They move around and will tresspass. I live in a rual area where you dont just walk along someone's property. And they did. Stay safe tonight and keep a good lookout for the next week or so. Believe me.

A few days ago i did not think this storm would be this bad. I honestly thought it would weeken with cooler water up north. Not the case.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  14. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Governors have already gone on record stating that the polling stations have paper ballots for backup and that the polls will be open.
  15. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

Well the house just moved again. I think the roof is still attached, but this last puff of wind made it sound like someone ripped off the front door. This caused me some concern. I may have over prepared. You see when the wind hit and it sounded like someone ripped open the front door, it took me several moments to decide which gun to grab. .380? 9mm? .40? .357? .20 guage loaded with slugs and 00? Then again I could go with the Gladius Sword (you never know when it's going to be Zombies).
    I chose the 9mm and checked. Everything was still locked up and secure.
    Darn Storms.