Lorcin L 380 Chrome Pistol

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by dogspit, Feb 15, 2009.

1. dogspit

dogspit New Member

Could someone suggest the value of a Lorcin L-380 Chrome pistol?
    I excellent shape, I shot it it shoots great!

Thanks

Dogspit
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

If you are looking to sell it - if you get offered 50 bucks, take it and do the happy dance.
    If you are looking to buy it - run in the other direction.
    Lorcins are junk.
  3. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

wow thats rather harsh "junk" i dont totally agree after all they do make excellent paperweights :D
  4. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

If you're looking to sell it, you won't get much at all. In all honesty, the resale value is probably doubled if you load it with expensive SD ammo like Hydra-Shoks.

That said, if it works for you, then keep it. I have a Davis derringer about which everyone would say the same thing. It fits my purpose, and this particular piece has been reliable for me, so I can't imagine I'll ever get rid of it.
  5. AngelDeville

AngelDeville New Member

May all your enemies carry Lorcin's
  6. dogspit

dogspit New Member

Hey Now

I've shot a couple of hundred rounds theough this gun and not a misfire or any problems are we talking about here say or actual experience?

I think you guy's must be joking eh?

Just went to my local Wally World and luckily found 3 100 round boxes of WWB will shoot them in the Chrome Lorcin just as the other hundreds of rounds
  7. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

dogspit, in my opinion be happy that you have a Lorcin that works and works well. However it would be best , now that you know it works, to put it in the bedside drawer for that bump in the night. The Lorcins are not made for pinking, that was not their purpose ( their real purpose was to make some fast money for the makers ), It was an inexpensive firearm for those who couldn't afford or perhaps want a more expensive S&W or Colt. If you just want to throw rounds down range, get a good used Ruger .22, lots of fun and inexpensive. Now that you've tested the Lorcin put it a way in the glove box or tackle box or what ever. Continued shooting will break it and parts are almost non existing except from parts guns. They are not made for long term shooting. That is just the facts of life.
  8. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

A couple of drive-by's is about their life expectancy
  9. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Not that any of us do such things.....
    Sheesh 22WRF... choice of words.... choice of words... :rolleyes::D:D

mike
    gn
  10. dogspit

dogspit New Member

Cool

Thanks

I'll put it on top of the refrigerator, to use if a bad guy happens by!

Dog;):D:eek:
  11. glocknut

glocknut New Member

LOL... i like your thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

mike
    gn
  12. kingnothingugm

kingnothingugm Member

This is a collection of info from vpc.org, which appears to be as left wing as it can be, so use your own discretion as to the validity of the following.
    Lorcin went out of business in 1998 after a few bankruptcies and around 40 lawsuits including product liability, personal injury, or wrongful death. Lorcin's former owner, Jim Waldorf, established Standard arms near the end of 1999. In 1993, Lorcin was the number one pistol manufacturer in America, churning out 341,243 guns. Many of Lorcin's handguns are of such poor quality they would be ineligible for importation under the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms' (ATF) "sporting purposes" test. Lorcin's .380 pistol regularly tops the list of all guns traced to crime by ATF.

*I do not in any way claim that this information is accurate, or confirmed. I am simply submitting it to give dogspit the opportunity to see some results of an internet keyword search for "Lorcin 380"*
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2009