Lorcin l380 pistol

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by firekidd, May 18, 2011.

1. firekidd

firekidd New Member

I know it is a POS firearms. Good thing it isnt mine.
    I just wondering if any one can tell me when it was made?
    The serial number is 222648

thank you all in advance
    Dotti
  2. RJay

RJay Active Member

Dotti, I don't believe there is any data base for the " ring of fire " pistols other than it was introduced in 1992 and the company folded it's tents ( at lest under that name ) in 1999.
  3. firekidd

firekidd New Member

thank you for your help. I did end up selling this little treasure for 200.00. I think I did great on this POS.
  4. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

$200 is a "stunning" price for one of the Lorcin pistols. "Great", hell, that's outstanding!
  5. grits40

grits40 New Member

When my wife and I were cleaning out the house of her deceased brother, we found a Lorcin L380 in the box with with a box of cartridges with about 15 gone. The paper work said he paid around 100 bucks for it in early 90's. Kind of klunky to hold but fairly accurate.
  6. kw13

kw13 New Member

It was made in Mira Loma,CA,U.S.A.!
  7. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Well, the Hollywood left claims that everything out of CA is perfection. But since they want to ban guns, I guess they don't include that pistol.

Jim
  8. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

i bought one back in very early 90's think I paid 90$ at a pawn shop[ for it new.

chrome. I have to 'adjust the feed ramp' and it did not like hollow point ammo.. but I actually got mine digesting FMJ just fine.. though it stove piped and failed to feed bad on LRN. mind you it was still only accurate at about 10' but what do you expect for a sat night special.. still got it. I wanted to try out shooting 380 to see if I liked it.. and that was a cheap way to do it. got a sig p230 to repalce it with.. much more gun. :)
  9. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I bought one for $95 in a farm supply store. It never fired more than 2 or 3 shots with out a FTE.

I felt horriable for selling it to a guy when I moved to Texas for $90.
  10. soundguy

ever have a bryco? I had one in 9mm.

I sold it as fast as I got it.. worse than a lorcin.. heavier.. firing it felt like hitting your palm with a hammer... weird that a 9mm would be that bad.. but...

I sold mine at a loss to a guy for 100$ him knowing it was a cheaper hand beater..
  11. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

200 bucks egh?. I had someone give me 2 of them for nothing. Hope you had your running shoes on after that sale.
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I sold an L9mm for 150 one time. I too had it given to me and my wifes cousin Luke insisted on having it because it was 'chromed out' I had 50 bucks on the end of my tongue when he said would you take 150. Fa sho says I and then we all went to Logan Roadhouse for steak.. My treat.. ;)

It never did malfunction on him. Wasnt very accurate tho and the trigger and sights sucked.
  13. soundguy

nice thing about the sights is they are chromed over the pooly cast metal so heavy that you can run a triangle file thru the rear and shape upt the front and make it more accurate.. :)

if shooting one.. I sugest only factory fmj and she might just feed ok not much you can do with the trigger.. :)
  14. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

If your shooting one I recommend a full face shield and kevlar gloves. ;)
  15. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Drop one in a jug of muriatic acid. It takes like 30 minutes to break the potted metal apart.
  16. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

just shootin it breaks it down too;):D
  17. soundguy

i must have hundreds of rounds thru mine.. though have not shot it since I got my sig p230

other than an inacurate cheap bullet hose.. it is a functional gun.. a lil hand fitting and whatnot and it actually doesn't even stovepipe much :)