lost and found...now what?

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by brselle, Aug 26, 2009.

1. brselle

brselle New Member

I found a revolver in the woods. It seems to have been subject to weather for some time however it seems that it might be fixable? What do I have is this worth my time what do you recommend? It is an IVER JOHNSON CADET Model # 65-SA (Maybe 66-SA hard to tell) Fitchburg, Mass. USA one side of the pistol has 32 stamped on it, I'm assuming cal. and the other sides number is B14693 its a smaller 5 shot revlover. where do i go from here?
  2. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Let me get this straight. You found a pistol made by the Iver Johnson Gun and Bicycle company in the woods and picked it up off the ground.

hmmmmm. Did you try to rub it and see if a genie would come out? :D:D:D:D

Couldn't resist. You should get an answer in the morning from a fellow gent here. Check back. If you don't get one in a couple of days then try to start a new thread and call it Iver Johnson question. A pic or two will also help him if possible.
  3. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

I.J. CADET MODEL 55S------------------------------------------1955-1960
    The difference between the Model 55 and the Model 55S is only in the barrel length and grips. Grip panels are two piece small pocket size Tenite and the barrel length is 2 ½ inches and finish is blue. Does not have Hammer the Hammer action. Caliber .22 rimfire with 8 rounds cylinder capacity, 32 S&W and 38 S&W calibers also offered after 1963. recessed chambers with Flash Control front rim (cylinder unfluted until 1958); Weight 24 ounces; Frame height 4 inches; Frame length 4 7/8 inches; Overall length 7 inches. DOES NOT HAVE HAMMER THE HAMMER ACTION
    I.J. CADET MODEL 55SA-------------------------------------1961-1978
    The difference between this A series and the earlier series is the addition of a loading gate to the right side of the frame. All specifications are the same except a small weight gain because of the loading gate. DOES NOT HAVE HAMMER THE HAMMER ACTION
    VALUE: 100%=$225 60%=$95

the centerfire versions (38 S&W and 32 S&W Long) of the model 55SA was introduced in 1963. this revolver serial number B14963 was manufactured about 1964.
    bill
  4. Lotsdragon

Lotsdragon New Member

You found a revolver in the woods? Ever think it might be linked to the Lindberg kidnapping? ROFL better you than me.