Lost Wedding Band.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rugster, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Rugster

Rugster New Member

I lost my wedding Band last night,I had never taken it off in 9yrs neither has my wife ever taken hers off except when I bought her a 5 yr Anniversary Ring that has two Diamonds that set below her engagement ring putting it in the center.And I took it off and back on.I have only one idea of when I lost it I had to arrest a guy for being Drunk in Public and Disorderly Conduct.He put up a little resistance but was easily subdued.Now I wish I had smoked him with resisting Arrest,Curse and Abuse.I havent told my wife yet,but its going to bother her about as much as me.I went back to the store parking lot where it happened and went over it with a fine tooth comb but it wasnt there.I never knew it ment so much to me until now that its gone.There's a white ring around my finger where the sun has tanned me,but the Wedding Band kept the sun from tanning where the ring fit.I ask the store employee's to please let me know if someone finds it and is honest enough to ask them about it.It wasnt nothing fancy just a 14 Karat yellow gold mens wedding ring.But it really means alot to me.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  2. Silver72

Silver72 New Member

Give the exact location of the loss and maybe that will help.
  3. bsally1

bsally1 New Member

Man that sucks. On July 4th we were at a friends property jetskiing on the lake. I got a little nuts and threw myself off at about 50mph. No lie, I knew before I hit the water that my ring had flown off. When I stood up in the chest deep water, I didn't move so the spot was marked. Long story short, after about an hour and a half, one of my bro-n-laws found it barely sticking up out of the mud. The feeling untill it was found, I hope to not have again. I had giving up, but a couple people kept looking. I hope you find it, I know the feeling.
  4. ECC

ECC New Member

I hope you find it....I cannot wear mine b/c of the kind of work I do.
  5. geezler

geezler New Member

I lost my band before too and it is a sad feeling indeed! :(
  6. Texas_Shooter

Texas_Shooter New Member

I sure hope you recover it.
  7. dcon12

dcon12 Active Member Supporting Member

I have lost one, had to cut one off and lost and found the third one. Not lucky when it comes to rings. Hope you find yours. Don
  8. Woodman

Woodman New Member

Visit the "WE BUY GOLD" shops. Any kid finding that will redeem it for $11.

It is worth $20 in scrap.

I can get them wholesale on Jeweler's row in Philadelphia. I have a small quantity I keep for friends on a shoe-string budget.

When I cast my rings for my wife and I, I made an extra for me, and three extras of a simple white gold wire hammered out to the right size. And two like it in silver.

[​IMG]

And as backup, I have a 14K yellow gold band, must be eighty years old.

I'd be more than happy to get you out a few substitutes, "duty rings", which you can use on the job, after-which you could remove it with your uniform and wear your "dress ring" or whatever you want to call it.

They would be cheap, silver, and free. Put one on a keyring to use in a pinch.
  9. gagirl

gagirl New Member

My father was mugged in Atlanta and lost his wedding band. It broke his heart and my moms too, but they are still very happily married. I know I would go insane if I lost my wedding band but I also realize that it is just a symbol of my love for my husband that I wear to show others. My love will always be there as I am sure your love for your wife will always be. The touching thing is that you needed to 'vent' on how much it bothered you. Please take it from a woman that you really need to tell her soon. Not telling her could result in her takeing it the wrong way like you were hideing something. Tell her ASAP and let her know how much it hurts and upsets you. You will be better off in the end.
  10. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

I'm so sorry, Rugster. :(:(:( I hope you can find it. But if not, try to remember that the ring is just a symbol of the love you share with your wife, and that love will continue whether you find the ring or not.

I don't know if you're a church-going man or not, but if you are, you could ask your pastor/priest to say a blessing for your replacement ring as your wife puts it on your finger. Make a small ceremony out of it.
  11. fishermanben

fishermanben New Member

That's a really good idea.

Ben
  12. Pipskicks

Pipskicks New Member

Must be depressing :(

At least you can tell yourself that the ring was a symbol of your love, but your vows and actions throughout your marriage mean a lot more than a simple ring, no matter how expensive or meaningful it was. A ring can be replaced, I think you should just tell her and if it can not be found, buy a similar one.

At least you weren't clumsy, you were out doing your job, and a damn meanngful one at that, and it was unavoidable.
  13. njretcop

njretcop New Member

Rugster,

You're doing the right thing by asking people. You know how much stuff gets turned in and nobody is looking for it. They just assume that it's lost.

Print up flyers, offer a small reward, tell everyone you see that it's missing. Spread the word anyway ya can and say a little prayer. God is good!

Don't give up looking, but time is of the essence! I'll be praying for you brother! :) :) :) :)
  14. Icon-oclast

Icon-oclast New Member

Rugster,

If you offer a reward higher than the pawn / scrap value of the ring "no questions asked" and broadcast the information (say by flyers in window of the stores in that area) , it may help.

BTDT, although mine was lost on a riverbank in pitch darkness during a fishing trip. In my case, my ex decided I had a one night stand or something and it put a good deal of stress on an already difficult situation. But if it hadn't been that, it would have been something else . . . she was in the process of developing a clinical personality disorder.
  15. Rugster

Rugster New Member

I called the two Main Pawn shops in the area and ask them if someone brought in a mans yellow gold wedding Band to buy it and contact me.They said they would,so I feel much better after doing this and the little prayer I sent up.I just thought of this what if they end up haveing a bunch of mens on hand and I did ask them to buy any mens yellow gold wedding bands.Man I may have bought myself a truck load of rings at top price.It may have been about as stupid as anything Ive ever done?But Im going to keep faith in my fellow man and believe they will be honest.For the most part I think business owners are honest.I hope these two are?

Woodman you sure are full of good will,I guess thats one the most generous acts of kindness I know of.May you be Blessed for such a kind offer.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2005