Lovell crack barrel help

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by istret19, Dec 24, 2010.

1. istret19

istret19 New Member

I have a Lovell gun that i need help identifying. It seems to be a crack barrel shotgun, but it is really short (has not been cut, it came like this). I do not know the true length but it is about 14-16 inches long and the handle is missing.

I only found a little information on Lovell, so anything helps. I will try to get some pictures up. Oh and it was made in Portland Maryland.

Thanks
  2. istret19

istret19 New Member

I do not know how to add pictures, this is my first time using this forum...
  3. istret19

istret19 New Member

Im trying to add pictures, lets see if this works.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
  4. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Has too, couldnt have.. as it isnt legal anywhere.
    I cant find anything in my books but it is a sawed off shotgun. Ditch it.
  5. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Sorry, GunClinger is right. That gun was originally a full length shotgun with a shoulder stock. The barrels have been cut down and the stock altered. If you are in the United States, that gun is illegal to own under Federal law, and its continued possession or even its destruction is a felony. I strongly recommend you contact BATFE, possibly through an attorney, and abandon (surrender) the gun as soon as possible.

There is no way you can register the gun and no way you can make it into a legal configuration as no parts have been available for almost a century.

Jim
  6. istret19

istret19 New Member

Thanks i will get rid of it! I dont want to get caught with it...