Lovell crack barrel??

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by istret19, Dec 24, 2010.

1. istret19

istret19 New Member

I have a Lovell gun that i need help identifying. It seems to be a crack barrel shotgun, but it is really short (has not been cut, it came like this). I do not know the true length but it is about 14-16 inches long and the handle is missing.

I only found a little information on Lovell, so anything helps. I will try to get some pictures up. Oh and it was made in Portland Maryland.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Is it Lovel or Lowell? Regard less it would be a good gun to bury somewhere very deep. The short barrel and pistol stock make it a very illegal gun. Also it has been cut down the value is next to nothing, certainly not worth prison time. If you use the search feature of this forum . you will find a couple of post on Lovel. But once again that shot gun was never sold in that condition and has been cut down and is now illegal to own.:eek:
  3. istret19

istret19 New Member

Well, the tip of the barrel is smooth and chromed over, i do not think that it was cut but i did not know it was illegal and will dispose of it. And anyway, it does not work anymore and i think it is rusted shut.

(Sorry about the pictures, i took it with my phone)

Attached Files:

4. istret19

istret19 New Member

but thanks anyway, i am definately going to get rid of it, it is not worth having around the house.