Low Recoil Suggestions

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by midmichiganl, Aug 29, 2003.

1. midmichiganl

midmichiganl New Member

Female, (new to shooting) wants to qualify for her CCW permit with a SW 637 Chief's Special Airweight - 2" barrel. Any suggestions on what ammo she might use that has VERY LOW recoil?
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2003
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Hi Midmichiganl and welcome to TFF. Glad to have y'all aboard. As far as the 637 is concerned, after taking off my tin foil beanie and absorbing some ground waves, I believe that the gun is 38 Special. I would venture to say any light bullet 125gr in 38 Special or even 138 gr wadcutters (target loads) would do the trick! The heavier the bullet the more recoil. Good luck on your CCW!
  3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Welcome, midmichiganl! Hope you will join us often and post often. We have a nice bunch of folks here who are also very helpful to any and all.

Plano hit the nail on the head. Good suggestions. I might suggest the ammo that Southern Moss used in her class with a stub nose, which was: Federal, Personal Defense, 110 grain hollow point .38 Special. Might be slightly lighter than the 125 grain, but both would be pretty close with less recoil.

Best of luck on your CCW.
  4. midmichiganl

midmichiganl New Member

Thank all for your suggestions and kind welcome!