1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

LTS -- 10/22 Bull Barrels

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

DarkStar11Redux
    (3/12/02 11:49:51 pm)
    Reply LTS -- 10/22 Bull Barrels
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey LTS, just wondering what your preference is for 10/22 bull barrels?

I'm thinking about getting an Adams & Bennet SS with muzzle brake. Are they decent? How do they compare to the Butler Creek? I realize Volq are probably better, but they seem to be outside my price range.

Thanks....

Edited by: DarkStar11Redux at: 3/12/02 11:53:22 pm

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/13/02 8:17:32 am)
    Reply Re: LTS -- 10/22 Bull Barrels
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have not used a A&B barrel, but have heard good reports on them. I have pretty much quit using all steel barrels because of weight.....even though I still have a few with them. I mostly hunt with mine and they get heavy quick, with all that metal. For a paper puncher and fun gun...they are great. I am in the process of setting up a test for barrels (complete rifles), fired from a remote bench rest setup. This will be for testing all the little add ons and tuning. I have never had a bad butler creek barrel and have been through a bunch (steel) for the money....butler creek has done good by me. I am currently in the hunt for another maker (lightweight) and some more length. I don`t think any of them are better or worse....the dollars just don`t justify it, unless you are a match shooter. I am a firm believer on the internal components, that make this rifle perform. It`s the dollar and what you get for it that motivates me. Let me know how it does.....if you decide on A&B. Regards LTS
    T.F.F.